We told the boys...and they've told everyone!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we told the boys. The doctor took an u/s picture where the baby's hand looks like it's waving and put the caption "hello boys" on it. We passed the pictures out and DH said, "Meet your new little brother or sister".

Definitely mixed emotions in the house.

Joey (13) left the room, went to his room and shut the door. When I went up later, he confided that he thinks I'm going to lose this one and he doesn't want to see Thomas and me crying like the last time. He said it was horrible.

Thomas (10) is ecstatic! He has looked in every book I have on PG (only the parts about fetal development) and asks a gazillion questions a day. Many of them ask if the baby is still alive. But, he's thrilled. He tells anyone that will listen.

Robbie (8) looked up from his Nintendo DS for about 2 minutes. He asked when the baby is coming. We told him that the baby will be here before Halloween. He said, "Cool." He then went back to his game, saying," Hey I think my Pokemon is evolving."

Three different reactions. Three different personalities.

Just thought I'd update you all...

April 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so sweet that your oldest is worried... I am sure he will come around once your get further along ..... I am glad everything is going great !!
April 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like a great way to tell them! Glad they were able to find out from you and not other people!

Interesting the 3 different reactions, but overall it sounds like they took the news pretty well!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

April 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww i love how they all have these diff personalities. my daughters have very diff personalities from each other too.
i'm glad there all handling it well.
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

April 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
seems like everyone took it pretty well. Hopefully, the further along you get, the more comfortable your oldest will feel

April 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad it went well overall!

My kids are teens and until the baby was there in my arms they never got really excited. After my losses they just never thought it would happen. You know the things they said after he was here made up for all the missed excitement though. They knew the long road we took and in a way they took too. They were there to watch me cry, to feel the pain of loss and then the commitment to keep trying. Even my nephew (11) looked at me in my hospital bed while holding my new son and said "do you think this baby is the one you would have had before?" He only knew about my first loss at 14w. To know that he remembered my angel is so touching to me.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about his lack of excitement... he is just worried about his family. He will come around but it may not be until after the baby is born. He is old enough to understand what a miracle that little baby is and once he/she is here I am sure he will be thrilled to finally have a baby to hold.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 7th, 2009, 01:37 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it went well overall hun! I agree with Bobbie though, maybe your eldest is just worried about you and the baby. My eldest was scared at first too.

My eldest, Jordan, is 8. And he only knows about one of my losses. He was at the u/s with me when they told me my baby had gone. He took it quite bad and was quite upset for ages afterwards. When I told him about this baby he said he was scared this one was gonna die too and that he didnt wanna see me sad again. The further along I get, the more comfy he seems to be getting too. He has started taking an interest in the baby and asking how big is now and does it move around in my belly ect...

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
April 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad that is went well overall. The oldest will probably feel better the farther along you get. That's sweet that the 10 yr old asks so many questions. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a girl this time.

April 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
That's such a cute way to tell them....your oldest is about at the age that i was when my mom got pregnant with my baby brother...it's a little bit of an adjustment to think of new family member, especially when he's old enough to really understand how much your loss hurt you (and him)...he'll come around when he can feel your lo kick i bet

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search