First Angelversary, 22w Checkup and other news...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies!

Today is my first official Angelversary...one year ago today I was sitting at work and started to bleed profusely...it didn't take me long to realize what was happening (I was told on 28 Mar 08 that my hCG was dropping and there was no h/b)...since that day I have been a different person...both as a woman and a mother...losing a baby teaches you so many things...what pain and loss truly feels like...and also how to love the children you do have that much more...I truly believe that God has a plan for me and in that plan he introduced me to JM just a month prior to my first loss...since then I have made soooo many wonderful friends and really do love and cherish each and every one of you...

On to a happier note...I had my normal every 4 week check up today...I'm 21w5d...the tech was able to pick her h/b up immediately with the doppler...Kennedy let it register at 150 bpm and then squirmed away...this little girl does NOT like being messed with... ...Dr Baacke went over my u/s results with me and said everything looks great and she is very confident we have nothing to worry about...she measured my uterus and it was a little over 22cm...she said that its pretty normal to measure just a little bit ahead as this isn't my first ball game...my weight has def caught up...I've gained the 8lbs I lost back and then another 9 on top of that I'm reallllly gonna have to start watching what I'm eating (how many times do we say THAT before eating a big bowl of ice cream?!)

And to the big news...Dustin (DH) was finally able to feel her kick last night!! We were laying in bed and I was reading while he e-filed our taxes (DH is finance in the USAF so he handles all money issues...yes...its wonderful!) and Kennedy was moving all around...so I made him take a break and put his hand on my belly...after a few minutes of squirming she finally got tired of being pushed on and gave DH a big ol kick...it was great...it was like an instant sparkle was in his eyes...it just helps it become so much more real when they can feel the baby moving...for the next 20 mins all he talked about was HIS baby girl, and HIS princess, and HIS daddy's girl...

Alrighty...now that I've written a book...I hope you all have a great day...and remember... I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
April 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
sending you many heartfelt today hon!!

April 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Danielle...I'll say a special little prayer for you and your angel today! And heck, while I'm at it I'll throw in some prayers for your whole family! It's true. A loss changes our lives forever. It gave me a sense of fear that steals the innocence out of pregnancy. And, it gave me such an appreciation for each and every blessing I have, including my dh and my children. Just know that I'll be thinking about you today!

What a wonderful appt! You must be feeling better and better about this PG, your trip to Disney, and your big move! So many wonderful things going on for you...and little Miss Kennedy is such a wonderful addition! The fact that she let her presence be known with her kick is awesome. I can't wait until Pete can feel this little munchkin. I think you're right. It makes it more "real" when others can feel the baby move. For us moms, we live the PG everyday. It's real through m/s, cramps, the fear of spotting, the heartburn, the doctor appts, the boards on JM , the tight clothes, the cravings, and the dreams. But, for anyone on the outside, not only do we look completely crazy, but it isn't as real. I love the fact that Dustin has taken complete ownership...you did fill him in on the fact that he is more than welcome to do the whole labor and delivery thing, right?!?!?!

Well, I think I've written as much as you. Sorry...I'm rambling. Me? Never... You take care today. We'll be thinking of you. JM is just as lucky to have you as you feel to have JM.

Last edited by klt; April 8th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
April 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS Danielle i'll be thinking of you today...Angelversaries are so tough

I'm really happy to hear your appt went so well (again) and that DH got to feel little Miss Kennedy kick!!! How exciting that must be! And she's just prepping Dad for all the cute shoes she'll be demanding once she's born

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 8th, 2009, 11:18 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh honey you will be in my t&p today. I'm so glad the appt went well and dh got to feel his girl kick. I agree completely with what you said about JM, I feel the same!!

April 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Danielle big for today, and im so glad DH got to finally feel her SO SWEET!

April 8th, 2009, 12:52 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUgs and prayers for you today.
I can't believe how far along you are already! time is flying past for me lately. that is so sweet about Dustin feeling Kennedy kick. daddies and their daughter's are the sweetest thing, in my opinion. sometimes i just melt when i see Justin with Thea - i cna't wait to hear more daddy's girl moments from you!
April 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Big for your angelversary. It's fabulous that your hubby got to feel her kick. Those are the best moments of pregnancy, I think.

April 8th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of today for your angelversary.

And YAY for dh getting to feel your little girl kicking...that's awesome
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

April 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How wonderful that DH got to feel her and is excited about having a baby girl. You think he is mushy now, wait till he holds her....I absolutely love watching my DH with his "daddy's girl".

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
April 9th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
It is amazing to see the realization for the husbands really kick in when they feel the baby...it's so awesome.
Thinking of you and your lost angel today.

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search