Joining you all!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies-

I got a big suprise this morning...a BFP...and I wasn't expecting it but VERY excited.

Here is my story...

I got pregnant almost a year ago today, Alyssa was due November 30th, 2008. On Novermber 29th, 2009...her heart stopped beating...a knot in her cord. It was obviously devestating and is still today. Fast forward to the end of February I had pre-conception counseling with the high risk doctor. She advised me to wait 18 months until ttc again...I told her there was no way...so she said atleast 6 months. After this meeting they did a ton of different types of tests on me and they all came back normal which is wonderful.

DH and I have been really good about using protection EXCEPT on two occassions...March 18th and the 22nd (yes...I keep track!). So...On March 27th I had to have surgery and they did a pregnancy test before hand which was a BFN which I assumed it would be bc I wasn't trying. For a week after the surgery I took Vidoden for about 3 days, then Motrin for about 3 days and that was it since I was feeling fine.

Fastforward to yesterday...when I was brushing my teeth I was gagging...that only happened when I was pregnant last time...got me thinking...then I was kinda getting dizzy sometimes at work...hmmm.... so since i was curious but expecting a BFN I took a pregnancy test and got a BFP!!!

I am super excited, but also freaking out. My doc wanted me to wait 6 months!!! I only waited 3...but not intentionally! Then the whole thing about the surgery kinda scared me. I think I am around 4 weeks now. I am going to call my family doctor tomorrow and have them take a blood test just in case before I call my high risk doctor..which I am scared of what she will say since I didn't wait like she told me to!

Anyway, I am very happy to join you guys here!
April 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Jen! I am so happy for you! Did she give you any reason why she wanted you to wait so long? After I lost Eva, I was told to wait two cycles.

April 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Two reasons - #1) she wanted me to wait for both physical and emotional reasons. #2) she was concerned about blood clotting issues, but all my test results came back normal. I think the only issue now is if I am emotionally ready to do this again,a nd if my body is ready to carry another baby to term.
April 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Gayle's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Gayle Send a message via Yahoo to Gayle
Congrats!

April 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Yay Jen! I'm here as of today too! Maybe we'll be EDD buddies!

April 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
congrats Jen!!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy 9 months for you and the little one!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Congrats about the new baby.
I will say sometimes Dr's are over cautious if they are scared. My OB with the boys was terrified when I became pregnant with Jon(I had a lot of complications after Nick was born), she didn't think I could handle it we did great. She ended up being on call when I went into labor with both boys and did say "If you have another I will retire, I can't handle the stress of your pregnancies". I cross stitched a cute little thing that said "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it". Sometimes our bodies know when we are ready even if we don't.
So think of that your OB is worried about you but may also be scared of something happening again so soon.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

April 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search