Trip to the ER Last Night - update post 19

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 06:55 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday, DH and I took our dogs for a walk since it was such a nice day out. We were up town on the square, and I had Gracie's leash and Travis had Kaya's Leash. The walk was going great untl.............I fell smack on my face and belly.....it happened so fast that I barely had time to react. The leash was in my right hand and when I started to fall gracie paniced and pulled away from me so I didn't have that hand to stop myself, so I put out my left hand, and most of the fall landed on that arm.

Since I fell on my stomach I was scared that I had hurt the baby, and plus I started to feel some contractions, so off to the ER we went. My arm was killing me too, and was not very moveable.

They checked the baby out right away...no waiting which is nice (I live in a very small town) I was having contractions about every 2 min apart, but they were more like braxton hicks contractions, I only felt pressure at the top of my belly, and they did't really hurt. The baby's heartbeat was OK and was accelerating like it should. They monitored me for over an hour, and by the end the contractions were becoming less and less frequent (several min apart). so they sent me down to the ER to get an ex-ray of my arm. We don't have a radiologist on staff on the weekends, so I won't find out unilt Monday if I broke my arm, but the ER dr suspects that I have. So my arm is wrapped with a splint, and I go back on Monday. I am reaaly hoping that it is not broken......I do not want to be wearing a cast for delivery, and I will be about 38 - 39 weeks when it comes off. BUT... even though my arm sucks, I am just happy as can be that the baby is OK.... I would take 100 broken bones as long as the baby is OK. So now I am typing one-handed and on orders to take it easy this weekend.

OK....this was sort of long.......

Last edited by IAMommy; April 15th, 2009 at 04:35 AM.
April 12th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh OWCH!!! I'm sorry honey, but I'm so glad your baby is doing okay. It's amazing how cushioned they are in there. I hope that your arm isn't broken, and that it heals quickly!

April 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, wow Sam! What a scary experience (and painful experience). I hope your arm isn't broken. KUP.

April 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Im sorry hun, I really hope your arm isnt broken. But I am glad the baby is ok

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
April 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Oh no!! I hope your arm isn't broken!!

Glad your LO is ok though!

April 12th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am lurking from TTCAL and TTC hope you dont mind. I just wanted to say I am glad your baby is okay. I hope your arm isnt broken. A similar thing happened to me when I was 8 months pregnant with my Daughter. I fell and twisted my ankle. I was also scared to death that my baby was hurt but we went to The ER and they monitored her and she was fine and like you the ER didnt have a radiologist who could read x-rays so I had to wait and they called me on a wednesday and told me I had fractured my ankle so needless to say I was miserable and on crutches until I was 9 months pregnant but the cast did come off before my daughter was born.

April 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh Sam how scary! Thank goodness everything is ok with the baby...i hope your arm isn't broken. Get some rest and KUP on what you find out from doctor on Monday. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
Thank goodness Bub is ok. Good luck with the results of the x ray...hoping it's not a fracture

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!
April 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
oh Sam !

I am glad that the baby is ok !! I really hope your arm is not broken!!
take it easy hon and kup !

April 13th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
Wow Sam! I'm glad your LO is ok, I hope your arm isn't broken.

How did Travis handle this all?

April 13th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Veteran
oh no. Glad that everything is fine with baby and so sorry about your arm. Hopefully it will turn out not to be broken- but either way take it easy and get lots of rest. You should also get lots of pampering- I think!

Baby Bria born 5/6/09

April 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that sounds scary! Glad everything was fine with the baby...did you hear about your arm today? Hope it's not broken!

Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

April 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad everything is ok with your baby. Any word on your arm?

April 14th, 2009, 04:37 AM
The ER called last night, but I was out grocery shopping, I called back, but they said that the nurse who needed to talk to me was busy and that they would call back later....they never did!! I'm a little frustrated, but I think if it was broken, they would have made a better effort to get ahold of me....so I think it's just a bad sprain. thank goodness!! This morning I have a little more movement too, so that's a good sign!
April 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Sam, how scary! I'm so glad baby is okay and tour arm is better.

April 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ACK! I hope it's not broken and glad baby is ok!

April 14th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Sam, I'm glad that you and the baby are ok. I never took Maya's leash when we went for walks while pg because I was afraid that she would make me fall, instead Dh was the one holding her leash while on walks

April 15th, 2009, 02:44 AM
heathernoell6's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
The ER called last night, but I was out grocery shopping, I called back, but they said that the nurse who needed to talk to me was busy and that they would call back later....they never did!! I'm a little frustrated, but I think if it was broken, they would have made a better effort to get ahold of me....so I think it's just a bad sprain. thank goodness!! This morning I have a little more movement too, so that's a good sign!
I am just so glad that baby is ok. You will be fine. I can't believe that you are soooooooooooooooo close to d-day!!! Seems like just yesterday.

[url="http://lafemmebonita.com"]

April 15th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Up-date.....Sorry I havenn't been posting much, I'm still one hand typing.

The ER ended-up calling last night and it looks like I broke my elbow. I'm supposed to go see our family dr today and discuss my options with him. I am hoping that since the pain has improved, I will not have to have a cast, but like DH pointed out - I can not pick-up anything heavy with that arm or push buttons and when I move it it still shoots pain up and down my arm, so if a cast will make it heal faster, then I won't have problems handling the baby when it comes. But we'll see what our dr says after today's appointment.
April 15th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohhh man, that really stinks. A cast will keep you from wiggling the bones apart while they are trying to heal and hopefully things will heal faster

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search