Weirdest food/drink to give you heartburn??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So...I was sitting here on the couch working on homework when I started to crave something chocolate...well of course the ONLY chocolate candy we have in the house is the Easter candy left in the boys' baskets...so I went and stole a few pieces...now...I'm DYING of heartburn!...I couldnt' believe that CHOCOLATE...wonderful, luscious, smooth, creamy CHOCOLATE would do such a thing...but I am miserable!...Guess thats the Big Mans way of telling me to stay outta my kids candy!!

What is the weirdest thing you have eaten/drank that has given you heartburn??

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
April 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, what a shame...Do you think you'd get heartburn from candy NOT stolen from your boys? Not sure if it's worth a try. When I was PG with Robbie, I had heartburn sooo bad at night I thought I could throw flames. And, it was not anything I ate, specifically, it was just every time I laid down. This time spaghetti and pizza seem to give it to me a little. But, it's still early. You know...old wives tales say that a lot of heart burn means a lot of hair on the baby's head!

April 14th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Actually, sugary food is going to give you heartburn. It triggers a gush of acid but is so easily digested that the acid isn't neutralized in digestion.

Beware of dairy foods to. They help at first, because it neutralizes the acid, but since it's so hard to digest it triggers more acid release later. So you'll be good for 20 minutes or so but it'll be worse after that.

I noticed that high-protein foods were easiest on me on that front. It's a good medium.

April 15th, 2009, 02:07 AM
heathernoell6's Avatar Super Mommy
I had HORRIBLE heart burn with my first pregnancy. My dr told me that if it go too bad, that anything (over the counter or prescription) was ok to take. I ended up taking anything and everything that I could get my hands on. I, to this day, don't know what started it...I wish I did. All of the older generation in my family was sure that I was going to have a baby with a full head of hair (both times). Both of my daughters did have hair...but not excesively. So, I guess what I am getting at is ask your dr and take anything they offer

[url="http://lafemmebonita.com"]

April 15th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the info Britt! You can be our own resident PAL doctor

It went away finally...

And Kelty...I know what you mean about the laying down thing...at the end of my pregnancy with Cam I couldn't even drink water before bed...it was HORRID...

And Heather...because of my heartburn with Cam people told me he would have a ton of hair too...he had just enough that you could tell he had hair...

April 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, everything gives me heartburn...water included! My sister had problems with acidic foods, so I am aware that when I eat those kinds of food it is bad, but EVERYTHING seems to get me.

That's one thing I definitely will NOT miss
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

April 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
momofemnry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i got heart burn with everything this time around.
April 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Lol, Danielle, about the PAL doctor. I am a reader of encyclopedias, what can I say?

Also, HcG relaxes smooth muscle...which your uterus is made of, which is a good thing. But your esophagus and your intestines are also, which is the cause of the heartburn and bloating at the beginning.

As for the hair thing...well...have you taken a look at my bald babies? Reflux with all 3 of them. All bald.

April 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've NEVER had hearburn!

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
April 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskate View Post
I've NEVER had hearburn!
You are SO lucky!

April 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Soooo Sooooo very lucky!!

I figured it had to do with something funky that happens just because you are pregnant (hCG smoothing muscles)...its basically the same reason your pelvis hurts...because it relaxes all those crazy muscles/tendons that hold it all together...which I am ALSO suffering from...my hips and pelvis are KILLLLLING me...

but I'm not complaining...just means Kennedy is growing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search