Faint Positive.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
Hiya, aint really posted on here for a little while.

I wasn't trying to concieve but the condom slipped about 2 weeks ago without us knowing until after (sorry for that tmi) i diddnt bother getting the morning after pill because whatever happens, happens i thought.

my period was due on the 9th but im usually about 3 weeks late anyway and my periods have been like that since ausust when i m/c. Ive been having a few nosebleeds, headaches, feeling sick etc... so i went out today and bought a first response test and it has come up a faint positive, this is what happened with my other test before my m/c so my boyfriend is buying me another tomrorow morning, it hasn't really sunken in yet and I don't feel pregnant it's probably because ive heard first response tests can sometimes give false positives?

I don't know how i'm going to tell my mum if i am pregnant she flipped last time, but ive been thinking it's just like me putting a pregnancy on hold for 5 or 6 months right and I told her i'm going to ttc when i'm 18 or within 9 months of turning 18...if i am correct i will be due in oct and that makes me 7 months off turning 18.

I can do with all the help and support i can get, coz it's still whirling around in my mind about my previous m/c Thank you for listening...!

<div align="center"></div>
February 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
not heard of a false positive unless the test is read incorrect but false neg happen all the time. I hope you get what you are looking for.....
DD - 19 months
February 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woweee....are you sure you aren't my daughter???? (just joking...though she is close to your age and I just found out she's pregnant).

Some pregnancy tests can give false positives but bear in mind.....they are pretty accurate.

m/c's are a difficult and emotional thing to go through. Each person handles it differently. I know for me one m/c was extremely traumatic (I was 16wks when that happened) and the other was just pure shock (I didn't even know I was preggers until I had the m/c).

Take the other test that your bf is buying you and let us know what it says. Generally, a faint positive is still a positive....but I would retest to make sure. Those things are accurate, but not 100%.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
February 16th, 2006, 11:59 AM
lol nope not your daughter hehe. Tomorrow seems like a long way a way, i keep expecting to wake up or something, i am happy in a way i'd love to have a child i'm just worried about what my mum will say and scared about the chances of a m/c. My sister and sister in law are both pregnant and my other sister in law has a 6 month old baby boy, i dont want my mum thinking iv'e gone out and done this on purpose because i'm the only one in the family without a baby or not pregnant, but i was planning on tcc like i said when i was 18 or so not now but whatever happens happens, i'll be fine in the long run.

February 16th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey sweetie...I know you from the other board...my 2 cents is also a positive is a positive...the only thing that could have happened is if you got an evaporation line...which happens only if you read the test after 10 min. Did you see the faint line in the appropriate timeframe?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 16th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Test again. Pg tests now days are pretty accurate. Good Luck. B
February 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my very faint positive with FR and it was accurate. I hope you get what you are looking for. Good luck

February 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Oh yeah i'm pretty sure your pregnant. I took a first response test before my period was due and I got a very faint line. I knew I was pregnant but my husband didn't think so. I took another test the next week, had two dark lines, I was pregnant for sure!!!

February 17th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, i read the test with-in 3 minutes like it said and the line appeared faint, it's not REALLy faint you can see it well enough but only if your holding it. My boyfriend went to the chemist this morning but it was closed and it's the only place around here that sells them so i'll have to test later or tomorrow morning.

I said to my b/f yesterday 'i don't even feel pregnant'... Ever likely i'd only be 2 weeks gone, iv'e always dredded finding out this early coz it means ive got a long time to wait and until i tell my mum i'ts gonna go really slow.

I'm not planning to tell her until about 10 weeks, but i'm also on a work based training programme and i'm job searching at the moment for jobs in painting and decorating and interior design, i don't think anyone would want to give me a work placement while i'm pregnant especially in a job which involves pain fumes and climbing ladders.

I also go work saturdays with my mum, shes a cleaner and we have to clean this huge post office, and as im not planning to tell her yet will i be okay still doing the job? i have to lift quite heavy bins and i have to vacuum and mop floors.

February 17th, 2006, 02:04 AM
well ladies, looks like i'm joining you....

I just took a clear blue digital and 'Pregnant' with two clear blue lines on the cartridge...

EDITED TO ADD : i have my 1st dr's apointment this afternoon at 4 :-D...i'm so nervous though

February 17th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Super Mommy
I've had never heard of a false accurately read preg test so I was fairly sure you were pregnant. Hope it goes well. you should be fine going on with 'life as normal' but be careful with the fumes from the cleaning supplies.. ask dr if there is a weight limit to the weigh limit.
DD - 19 months
February 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your positive! I hope your doc's appointment goes well.
February 17th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats honey! I know you have a lot ahead but just keep in mind the positive in this all...there's a baby within you!
Definitly consult with the dr about your concerns...
Best wishes to you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 17th, 2006, 09:28 AM
thank you just got back from dr's someone must of cancelled coz i managed to get in at 4pm. My dr was crap as per usual and i couldnt understand a word he said lol, but i go back monday to take a wee sample to confirm it (i dont see why he couldnt have just given me one there) but anyways, i goto see midwife on the 27th of this month...

Are your hips supposed to hurt this much this early in pregnancy? i dont know weather i'm being paranoid or what?

February 17th, 2006, 03:30 PM
MB23
Congrats on the positive.

My hips have hurt for a few weeks, especially after standing for a while (I stand a lot with my job).
February 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
well ladies, looks like i'm joining you....

I just took a clear blue digital and 'Pregnant' with two clear blue lines on the cartridge...

EDITED TO ADD : i have my 1st dr's apointment this afternoon at 4 :-D...i'm so nervous though [/b]
Yay Congratulations on your I knew you were pregnant I had the same situation with this pregnancy. Have a wonderful pregnancy

February 18th, 2006, 05:15 AM
hi, the pains in my hips got really bad last night and spread to my legs and my kidneys, i went to the 24 hour doctors and he said it might be a flu virus starting or the start of a water infection. He's give me a sample tube to wee in and take back if i think i may have a water infection but the pain is really worrying me, i also keep having hot and cold flushes and i keep going dizzy, has anybody else had this? if it carries on i'm going to have to go to the early pregnancy ward or something, although the dr i saw last night said he doesnt think it's anything to do with my womb.

February 19th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
February 20th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Quote:
hi, the pains in my hips got really bad last night and spread to my legs and my kidneys, i went to the 24 hour doctors and he said it might be a flu virus starting or the start of a water infection. He's give me a sample tube to wee in and take back if i think i may have a water infection but the pain is really worrying me, i also keep having hot and cold flushes and i keep going dizzy, has anybody else had this? if it carries on i'm going to have to go to the early pregnancy ward or something, although the dr i saw last night said he doesnt think it's anything to do with my womb.[/b]
Dizzyness is normal in pregnancy but I'm not sure it would happen this early. I'm not sure about your symptoms, they don't sounds pregnancy related the legs and kidney pain. You might wanna go to the doc. again. It could be the flu, esp. with hot and cold flashes.

February 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM
hopin4a4rth
Sorry I'm late in replying, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you don't have the flu. Take it easy & try to rest as much as possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search