Not sure where I belong..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2006, 04:03 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Monday my Dh & I found out that he has a chromosomal abnormality called balanced translocation & this is most likely the culprit for the 2mc's we've had. We were devastated. On Tuesday we found out I am pg again.....ouch. I don't know what will happen - I don't know how long I will be pg or if we could luck out & have this one go seemlessly. There is a chance. I just feel very doomed right now. I got my HcG drawn yesterday & it was only 10. yikes. I had a really screwey cycle though & I really don't know when I O'd - at all - I may have even O'd twice...according to myself trying to read my stupid chart - I also took OPK's the whole month on & off & they all came back pretty much positive with the exception of once - so I thought this was an indication that I might have pcos. We didn't plan for this, we were waiting to get all of our testing done & yet here I am wondering if I have dropping HcG levels or if I O'd so late that they are just really low. All I know is that I got a faint + on Tues, a 10 HcG on Weds, and I just took another HPT & got a faint + again without holding my pee at all - so I would think if it were dropping - I wouldn't get a line??? Or is that wishful thinking? I will get another HcG done tomorrow & will know a little more then I guess.

Who knows - I am here for today - can't promise I'll be staying - I just don't know where to be...so I hope you don't mind me popping in for however long I get.

Thanks.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

February 16th, 2006, 05:26 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun I am so sorry you have been through so much, sometimes life can be cruel. But try to remain hopeful, this may be your "time" and it may all work out for the best. I hope your tests come back good and that you have a healhty little one growing in there. If you keep getting + I would say they are probably not decreasing. Please keep us posted, we are all here to support you and listen to each other's worries.

I wish you the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers

February 16th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Keep us updated tho! I'm so sorry about your bad news I pray this pregnancy sticks and is a healthy little bean :dust:

February 17th, 2006, 07:19 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, wow, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am. But I do offer congrats on your positive, because it is a life and it is something to be celebrated, however long it is with us. Like I told a parent the other day at work, there is always hope. So, for however long you are with us (and I pray it will be 9 months!) welcome. Please let us know how things are going...when do you go in for another HCG?
February 17th, 2006, 08:06 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off CONGATULATIONS. There's always hope. Sticky Please keep us updated

February 17th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
first congrats on the BFP....

second how far along are you? I have to be honest and say that if the HCG does not start to get higher then things MAY not go so well...not that they won't...but its just tell tale.....I had HCG 11 at 4 weeks and the emergency room doc told me it should have been approaching the hungreds and sure enough I m/c....

Then again some women just never get really high hcg #'s....and maybe you just found out ultra early (((HUGS))) I understand your caution. When are you getting the hcg tested again...that can tell you how its going, even if its low if it doubles than things are looking up....

Good luck, I am pulling for a healthy pregnancy!!!

What do you know about DH's problem? What are the odds?

Take it easy and enjoy the pregnancy, I know that sounds hard but the more stress you are under worrying and trying not to embrace the pregnancy is adverse to a healthy experience...Good luck hun, I really hope things work out.

February 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you all so much for the support & congrats. I am trying not to be too pessimistic - but I'm sure you understand. My HcG level was good today, it was 37.....so that almost qaudrupled in 2 days & the Dr seems to think that is a good sign. I will get tested again on Tues. I don't now how long I will be here - my risk for mc is about 40% I think if I understood correctly. My risk if I carry to term for birth defect is 25%, 25% chance of being totally healthy & 50% chance that there will be some level of the chromosomal issue that would be mild to completely "not noticeable" (except in reproductive years ) So I guess for now I will try to take the 37 as good news & see where it goes.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

February 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
MB23
That is good that the numbers when up.

I hope it all works out for the best. ((HUGS))
February 17th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beck, I'm so excited for you! this is great news. I'm thinking of ya!
February 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
Thank you all so much for the support & congrats. I am trying not to be too pessimistic - but I'm sure you understand. My HcG level was good today, it was 37.....so that almost qaudrupled in 2 days & the Dr seems to think that is a good sign. I will get tested again on Tues. I don't now how long I will be here - my risk for mc is about 40% I think if I understood correctly. My risk if I carry to term for birth defect is 25%, 25% chance of being totally healthy & 50% chance that there will be some level of the chromosomal issue that would be mild to completely "not noticeable" (except in reproductive years ) So I guess for now I will try to take the 37 as good news & see where it goes.[/b]
You and baby will be fine!!! Congrats on your pregnancy. Have a happy and healthy 9 mos.

February 18th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Beck! I'm pulling for you and DH!!!! I am praying that you both caught the good end of the chromosomes and that they are doing their job. I'll be thinking of you and checking in here for information. Love you girl!

February 20th, 2006, 04:06 PM
hopin4a4rth
I'm thinking of you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search