Sucky Sciatica...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I fnally gave in and called my doc...I've been having problems with my sciatic nerve for a few weeks now...I sit at a desk all day at work and if I don't get up and move around every 15-30 mins or so my hip gets so sore that when I stand up I can't put any weight on it without it giving out...

So she is doing multiple things...she is giving me Flexiril (Cat B ) to take at night time...its a muscle relaxer and she said that it should help me get some sleep...she is also giving me a belly-belt...I'm not really looking forward to that, but she said it will help with my lower back...(and I'm only getting bigger from here!!)...and finally she is going to put in a referral for me to see either a chiropracter or physical therapist...more than likely the PT...

So...hopefully as things progress my sciatica won't get much worse...I just hate feeling like an old woman everytime I try to stand up...and I REALLY hate waddling...

I've also started with annoying BH cxs...I'm getting 2 maybe 3 an hour...they don't hurt...just uncomfortable...(I mean cmon...you try to function with your entire abdomen tightened into a ball...)...as for those she said just to watch them and make sure I don't have more than 6 in an hour and they don't start to hurt...but to be honest my hips hurt so bad I don't think anything could compare to it right now...

Alrighty...enough whining from me! Your turn!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
April 23rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I get bad sciatica too. Towards the end of Tanith's pg I had to hold onto something when I stood up to make sure I didn't fall down if my leg decided it didn't want to work, and sometimes while I was walking. Yuck! I feel your pain! And I got a belly belt, they are actually quite wonderful! This time my massage therapist friend lives in town and has offered her services!

April 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
aww Danielle that does suck...Flexiril's good stuff though hopefully it'll make you feel better soon! And if PT = back massages...then it's all good

I'll add to your whine...my back started hurting a couple of weeks ago - how is that even possible as early as i am in this pregnancy??? i plan to ask my OB tomorrow...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 23rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I hope they can do something to help Danielle! KUP

April 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohhh, I'm so sorry you are in pain!!! I hope the meds work for you and you get a bit more comfortable!!! Whine away anytime....we understand!
April 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it bad too, but in my case the doctor didn't do anything about it
I can't believe you are 24 weeks!

April 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
sciatica is horrible ! I have had it for years...UGH

Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees, it sometimes helps take that pressure off. see if you can get a lumbar support pillow too, it really helps!

April 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch, that does not sound good. Hopefully the belt and PT will do the trick.

April 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get some relief, Danielle! I have a bad hip (sound like I'm 80 yrs old, don't I) so I know your pain! Hit DH up for lots of massages!

Lara, I always have back pain in early pregnancy. It is a common symptom. I know, not a lot of help, am I?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search