update on me- P4 check

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey guys,

Okay so first of all- no sono today. I was bummed but was able to recover b/c the rest of my appt. went great.

My progesterone went from 19 to 106. My doctor was thrilled w/that and I'm now going from 400mg to 200 mg daily. I go next week for another level check. My estrogen has remained good - it was 414, and needs to be at least 300.
I expressed all my concerns about another miscarriage (boy did I). My doctor said that if I am going to m/c again I will - but it will not be due to hormonal issues. I asked about another missed m/c possibility-- I have been very concerned about that since last time I began spotting a few days after I discontinued the prometrium. She said that was a coincidence- that the prometrium will not cause a missed m/c. I need to continue to watch for spotting. However the two are not related. She put me on pelvic rest- no exercise, no sex- for the next month.

She also said the 10/11 wk. u/s will be to check the SCH more than anything. She still does not seem too concerned about that, mainly due to the small size.

She assured me that I have as much (or little) risk of m/c than any other woman who has never had one. I asked about my "history" though-- and she said my history shows two perfectly healthy children and one m/c so odds are in my favor. She said she knew I was worried, and agreed I'm still in the "danger zone" but said any pregnant woman is at this point. She told me to try to relax and enjoy this time b/c I am pregnant!

She did a pap and pelvic exam and said my uterus feels about 8 weeks along, and she could tell growth from last week. That was great news.

So all in all I couldn't complain too much. It was hard, knowing that the sono machine was just two doors down, but DH said, and I have to agree, that if she felt an u/s was necessary she'd do one. That the fact she didn't is wonderful news.

I felt she was straight-forward, yet understanding today.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so glad the appt went well. That's great that your levels went up. I'm so happy for you.

April 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you had a great appointment, I agree with you doctor, relax and enjoy this pregnancy because before you it, your little one will be here

April 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a good apt, your u/s in a few weeks will be here before you know it, and by then your lo will look more like a baby and less like a flickering dot!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search