Very upset and Confused........

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 02:23 AM
So Monday I got a call from the doctor's office and was told that my blood work came back and that everything looked fine that they were just concerned that my progesterone and HCG levels were high. The woman that called me knew that they were seeing if they doubled and all. She said everything looked great that they wanted me in for an ultrasound.

Well yesterday out of the blue I get another call from a different woman I never met. She told me that my levels dropped from 48,000 to 36,000. I told her about the call I got monday and she said they there was some misunderstanding and no one called. I told her they did and exactly what was said. She said she thinks I might be miscarrying. I am 8 weeks today.

I don't know what to think or who to believe. I have heard too many different things. I have been up all night because of this.

This pregnancy doesn't feel like a miscarriage. I have had 2 of them. By this time I would be at least spotting and cramping. My hormone levels never even got that high. They got to like 6,000 and then began to drop. And I didn't have any symptoms. This time I am sick as a dog, I breast are extremely tender and have grown, I am actually showing and stretching, and (I know this sounds crazy) I have been feeling some movement. I thought it was gas and I was imagining things about the movement, but my mother felt it too and she confirmed that was movement. She has had 4 kids so she should know.

I know I am not too sure about my dates. I can be any where from 10 to 8 weeks. And from what I read on American Pregnancy Association, only 85% of woman have normal hormone levels and they rise and fall normally. Well what about the other 15%? And anywhere from 8-12 weeks the levels can peak and then began to gradually fall. This is because the baby will take over. I know my body is normal like the average woman. I have had this confirmed. Not to mention I have a severly tilted uterus. This has been confirmed multiple times.

Here I am rambling on. What do you ladies think? I just don't feel like I am miscarrying. I just don't know. I am confused more than ever.
April 29th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Typically the hCG levels don't start to plateau until they are in the hundreds of thousands...normally around 250,000mCG...and right now your baby is about the size of a raisin, so if you can feel it move then you have a SUPER sensitive uterus...but its not impossible...

I'd call my docs office FIRST thing this morning and ask to speak to the doc...not another nurse or admin assistant...they've obviously messed everything up to this point...and DEMAND another blood test...if they messed the first two up hopefully they can get this one right...

Sending tons of prayers and calming vibes your way...keep us posted!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
April 29th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Danielle on all points. I hope you can get things figured out, and that you and little bean are all right!

April 29th, 2009, 07:10 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have had women on this board have levels go down and the ended up with a healthy baby in the end

I too would call back and demand another blood test and an u/s. They are stressing you out and it isn't right

About movement.... unless you are further along than you think.... I don't think it's possible personally....but who knows I felt Matthew around 14 weeks and he is my third.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies....I would be asking for another blood test. As for movement I think its too early, I had an u/s at 9w 1d and baby measured 25mm, far too small to feel. I hope everythint turns out ok x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
April 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I went to the doctor today. I had them redo another blood test. Today was the day that they had questionaires to fill out so I told them how I felt.

I talked to my doctor and she said that my numbers are still pretty decent and the drop isn't that drastic. But still since its a drop the odds are not in my favor statistically. She appologized for the confusion and then told me she wasn't in for the phone calls. She said she was having a miscarriage herself. That she was only 12 weeks. I felt bad. As for the ultrasound. I decided not to have it. I explained her that 2 doctors in my past have informed me about my tilted uterus and said that it throws my results off. Not to mention 2 people close to me have the same problem and it took my SIL 10 weeks to see her baby's heartbeat and my BFF it took her 10 weeks to even see the baby and 12 weeks to see the heartbeat.

I just don't know. I told her that I can't believe it until the other results and until I show signs of a miscarriage.
April 29th, 2009, 03:33 PM
lynie07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there l just want to let you know that my HCG levels went down too so l was put on progesterone which work for me as l am now holding my 6 week old babyso try and stay positive take care and wish you all the best
April 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Did they test your progesterone levels to see if it was dropping. I was told that they were concerned with my first set of blood work because my HCG and Progesterone levels were too high. They never tested my progesterone levels again.

I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. My results have been test for a whole week. Between the first and second results it has dropped 12,000 and the second and third 10,000. My levels are at 26,000 right now. She said it is a possibilty that they are leveling out. She was just concerned about the first ultrasound I had not showing a heartbeat. But I have a severely tilted uterus and have been told my results won't be clear. Not to mention I hear 2 different results from that. The tech told me that she didn't even see a baby at all. And then the doctor said she did but not a heartbeat. This was at 7 weeks and 0 days. Plus like I said. I know 2 people that it didn't show the heartbeat of there babies until 10 and 12 weeks.

So until I see and signs naturally I will not believe it. I decided not to do an ultrasound because I want to be treated that any other pregnancy. They wait until finding the sex to do the first ultrasound. And they said everything looks and feels great as far as my cervix looks. So I will give it to God and let nature take over. What will be will be.
May 1st, 2009, 11:12 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I hope everything turns out great for you. Please KUP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search