4 1/2 weeks along and sooo stressed!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, well I am pregnant again with what will HOPEFULLY be my first baby. I can't even explain how happy I will be if this one works out!!! We lost our little one in october at 8 weeks. But now.... I am so stressed out, and paranoid that I cant sleep! I am so scared to lose this one too. I would just die. Part of me has a really good feeling, cuz I tested at 3 1/2 weeks and got a positive, so this means the hormones are strong ( i guess???)

Any advice on how to think positive, and relax? I wish I could see in the future and know if it all works out . We are so scared to get out hopes up.

xo
May 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, I'm sorry you're feeling so worried!

For me, I just made a consious decision to be happy, no matter how long this baby is here. It helps that I got a super dark line, and that I didn't test till after 5w, b/c then I didn't have as much time to worry. I do think once you're really feeling pregnant the worry fades, so hopefully by this time next week you'll be feeling better.

I hope this bean sticks for you! It is very unusual to have back to back losses, so the odds are on your side!

May 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Welcome and congrats on your BFP. Pal is scary at times. Just take one day at a time. We will help you through the hard times and the good times.

May 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! I can relate to the fear- just know you are in a great place here. There is so much wonderful support!!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2009, 12:17 AM
ang.ie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been going through the same as you..... 2 m/c's in a year and now pregnant again. i was soooo scared stressed depressed couldn't get through a day. Finally i got an u/s saw the heartbeat and realized this is real! i can do this! i should be happy about everyday it lasts! yes i'm praying my bean sticks with no probs... so far no spotting.... but the fear is there! just try to be positive! make a dr appt. ask for blood draw to check your hormone levels... for me i got one every 2 days for 10 days.... which also helped my anxiety!
!

May 6th, 2009, 09:37 AM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks xo, I am getting bloodwork done next monday, to see how my levels are.
!!!!!!!!
May 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am about as far as long as you and am scare about of my mind! I try not to think about it too much, but it is so hard. I think once we get past the dates we lost the previous babies it makes it a little easier. I just want to make it to 7 weeks and I think I will feel a lot of stress go away, hopefully!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
May 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy! PAL is tough, but the ladies here are awesome! I found that if I wasn't busy enough, I tended to dwell on the fear. If I keep myself busy, I'm much more calm as the time passes. Take it one day at a time and take care! KUP!

May 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Veteran
Congrats on the baby on board. I am so sorry you feel the way you do tho. Im not gonna tell you it will go away because I would be lying...but it will get easier. Just take one day at a time and make sure to attend all of your appt's. Good luck to you hunny. I think this is it for you! just try and keep busy!!!
May 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your pregnancy.
PAL is rough. and it is scary.
i made myself take it one day at a time and told myself instead of just worrying i should be grateful for that day being pregnant with my LO. and keeping myself busy also helped some. and i definitely depended on this board a LOT! the ladies here are so wonderful and supportive. everybody understands how you are feeling b/c we all either are going through the same type of thing or have felt that way before.
May 9th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't lie...being PAL sucks big time...BUT we are a great group of ladies that are always here to lend an open ear...no matter how stressed you are or how silly you think you are being...I promise someone here has been worse

Hope to see many more updates from you!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search