Announcing your pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm wondering if anyone else here feels/felt the same.

With my first pregnancy, I couldn't wait to tell my family. I was beyond excited, they were beyond excited, it was just an amazing thing. Everyone can't wait for DH and I to have a baby. (Had a m/c)

The second time I got pregnant I didn't even tell anyone. I told my mom after I had the m/c (at 6.5 weeks).

This time, I plan/ned to announce it as a Mother's Day thing to my grandparents and DH's mom (my mom knows). But I almost don't feel like it. Of course I'm excited, and even though I've seen the heartbeat, I guess it just doesn't "feel" right yet. I do know everyone will be excited, but I honestly feel like the reaction will be "How far along are you? I'll pray everything will be okay", which makes me sad! I want that excitement again, but I know given the circumstances it will be hard. I've been thinking of waiting to announce it, but we're already planning to go to DH's moms (3 hours away), so I guess we might as well just tell everyone while we're there. That's so not the attitude I want to have though!

I know I'll feel better after the next u/s (2 weeks) and after passing my first loss time (10.5 weeks), but I've just been down about it lately! I expected this huge wave of relief to come over me at the u/s yesterday seeing the HB, but it didn't really happen

May 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
boy can i relate to this Christine...

I thought i'd have this huge wave of relief after the first u/s getting a strong hb...but it just made me feel a little better, but not relieved. Then i thought once this pregnancy had gone longer than my loss did, i'd feel a lot better...but honestly, not really. Still worried, still paranoid about my next appt in 2 weeks.

We've been back and forth on when to tell everyone...i'm still not there yet. I thought i would be if/when we make it to 2nd tri....but i dunno anymore...i want SO badly to be excited for this pregnancy, but I still don't feel like it's "real" yet KWIM?

Wish i could be more help to you since you're debating the same thing...i think you should do it whenever you're ready, but don't push it if you're not feeling comfortable yet. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, i'm sorry you're feeling that way. I can relate.

However this time I'm very excited, and not so nervous. My last 2 pregnancies I didn't really tell anyone. But this time I'm so excited to tell people, but I'm trying to wait a little while, at least till the b/w results are here.

May 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, i'm sorry you're feeling that way. I can relate.

However this time I'm very excited, and not so nervous. My last 2 pregnancies I didn't really tell anyone. But this time I'm so excited to tell people, but I'm trying to wait a little while, at least till the b/w results are here.

May 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am right there with you. I have only told people little by little, and definitely not many people at all.

When we saw the h/b I was happy, but honestly as soon as I was back home I began worrying that now that I saw the h/b it would stop. I hate that I feel that way. But you know, once you've felt burned it is so hard to just let that go.

I am thrilled to be as far along as I am and pray pray pray that this little one will make it.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

May 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Double post. Sorry.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Last edited by Jenn1320; May 8th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
May 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I think it would be cool to tell everyone for Mothers Day, but I feel the same. And my next appt is the Fri before Fathers' Day, but I still don't think I'll say anything. I want to hit at least 13 wks and hear a heartbeat at that point before I'll really start telling everyone. Although it seems other people IRL feel the need to tell people, which is really starting to P*** me off. My own mother doesn't know yet, but I have gotten a couple of congratulatory messages. If I am not showing too much I may hold off until our family vacay in July.

May 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I told my grandmother and she was sooo excited. Even my grandfather who doesn't say much, and hardly ever shows emotions was excited for me. That helped. I still have my other grandmother to tell tomorrow, and DHs family this weekend. Of course I hope this one is successful too because if it isn't I'm not telling anyone next time until I'm delivering lol

May 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Veteran
I can totally relate to you...we told our family and a few friends the first time but then had to call everyone back a week later to let them know that there was no heartbeat anymore. This time we weren't going to tell anyone...but I told a friend since I am in her wedding in July, and my parents know because my mom asked straight out. I did already see the heartbeat this time but am just so so nervous because I want this to work out so badly!!
May 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
We had a loss at 8 weeks after telling our kids and everyone else, it was so hard to have to tell everyone that we lost the baby. This time we are not going to tell anyone for a while.
Not sure how long I can hold out but we will have to wait and see.

May 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went through the same thing. We had just told the boys about the pregnancy and after our vacation we found out we lost the baby. It was devastating. I thought I'd feel better when I made it past the time I m/c'd. Then I thought I'd feel better at 10 wks. Then I thought I'd feel better in the second trimester. Admittedly, now that I'm feeling the baby move, I feel a bit better. But, I'm very guarded. It's hard to get excited. But, you and your baby deserve the excitement and happiness, so slowly share your news with people and allow yourself to be happy. I'm still struggling with it, but, every day we are PG is another day we are with this little one (and one day closer to our EDDs!)

Hang in there and keep us posted. I can't wait to hear how everyone reacts!

May 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand what you mean...I feel so great the first few days after an appt...and then slowly that worry and stress creeps back in and takes over...I still get nervous before appts and I'm long past my loss points...

Although it hurts to have to go back and tell them you had a loss...I'd much rather have them know and have their support then them not know anything...

BUT...hopefully you won't have to make those phone calls...and this will be a great pregnancy!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search