I hate ON-CALL OBs. In early labor and venting...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Friday at 9pm, I started having really good contractions. I was thrilled when they reached 3 minutes apart and lasted for a full minute. After 2 hours, DH figured it was time to go to the hospital. I knew this kid was sunny side up and it was going to take a LONG time but figured I'd find out where I was and get sent home.

Go to L&D and found I was only 1.5cm which meant no progress from Monday. Though the contractions were constant and very strong so they admitted me. Took over an hour to get the stupid IV in which I was not thrilled about. (I have a half dollar size bruise on both arms from the attempts).

We tried all the spinningbabies.com techniques and a few that the nice nurse had for getting him/her to turn but no luck. By 6am, I was at 3.5cm but still -3 station and I thought great, he'll break my water and we'll get pit and get this kid out. (I've needed to do both with my 3 previous sunny side up babies and that was how it went down with them). NOPE. I wasn't 38 weeks yet so no pit and since he/she was still high, no water breaking. He left and the WICKED witch of an on call OB came on. (Not from my OB practice but another). She insisted for the next 5 hours, I stay in bed and sleep. HOW THE H*** are you suppose to sleep when the contractions are strong and you have severe back labor??????? Not to mention, how can the baby drop if you are stuck in bed? She was freaking out because the baby HB was low. I wanted to scream, idiot the placenta is on my back of course it drops when I'm STUCK ON MY BACK IN BED...

Needless to say, after 5 hours, I showed no more progress on dilation however I had dropped to -1.5 station. She sent me home which I didn't argue with. I told DH, we'll be going to another hospital if I have to go in before Monday cause I'm not dealing with the witch again..

Fast forward to yesterday..After contracting all weekend, I knew she'd be off at 8am so I went into L&D just to get a NST done. I was finally at 4cm however I went back to -3 station. The OB said if I could get baby to -2, she'd break the water. Went back in this morning, still at 4cm however down to -2.5 station. Another day of this wonderful..

Needless to say, I'm giving up. I have my appt with my OB tomorrow and I'm going to PLEAD to get pitocin to see if we can bring this baby down. I can't take these contractions anymore. They aren't letting up and I'm miserable. I can't lay on my back or even recline on my back otherwise the baby's HB goes below 110 which is another reason I want him/her out. Oh and did I mention, he/she is now over 12 pds estimated. (U/S and my guess since it's HUGE)..

Dh is being a sweetheart and doesn't seem to be annoyed however I think next NST, he's staying home. I honestly think he's the bad luck in this. I have a feeling, I'll be getting a c-section next Monday if this child doesn't show up soon just because of size and shoulder dystocia issues with DS#2. (size also)

May 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh honey, I hope they will do whatever you want. You sound miserable. I hope you progress more and this baby is born soon. Many t&p and elv headed your way. Please KUP

May 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww- I'm so sorry! Have you spoken with your DR about doing some different things for the dystocia, if it comes up? The gaskin maneuver can work wonders, but for it to work optimally you need to forgo the epidural.

I hope this baby drops down, and that you're able to have a vaginal birth. good luck!

May 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
awww- I'm so sorry! Have you spoken with your DR about doing some different things for the dystocia, if it comes up? The gaskin maneuver can work wonders, but for it to work optimally you need to forgo the epidural.

I hope this baby drops down, and that you're able to have a vaginal birth. good luck!

May 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM

May 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katring

I am sorry you are going through all that! I hope you see your OB and he helps you get your little one out--you sound miserable!

KUP and lots of ELV!!
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

May 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow I am sorry you are having a heck of a time now.

If they induce you, please ask for cervadil NOT cytotec. Cytotec is nasty stuff from the reading I did. Just google it. Cytotec is NOT FDA approved, cervadil is.

I hope that little one gets here soon. The heart rate dropping should be some cause for concern you would think? I can't believe they didn't admit you and induce

Good luck! I hope the next post we read is "He/She is HERE!!!"

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That was one stupid Dr for not doing something when you were admitted. What are they thinking . I hope your water breaks tonight and baby comes out easily.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 6th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still no baby. Contractions have changed though so I'm praying this little one is now facing correctly though since I've never had one facing correctly while in labor, no sure if it is. (first two were inductions with epis in place due to pre-eclampsia. No use being in pain if I didn't need to)..

I see the ob in another 2 hours. I don't want to be admitted today since I just found out the WITCH is oncall again. No thanks. Rather deliver tomorrow or at another hospital if given the chance with her.

May 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...I can't believe they just let you go home like that...

Hopefully things are going better and you've either had a baby or the contractions are getting that baby flipped over!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search