New Here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Have only just joined this forum so will fill you in a bit about myself. We suffered a m/c in Nov 2007 after falling pg on our 2nd cycle. It has taken almost 18 months to fall pg again and I had to have an op in between - turns out my right tube was blocked from the m/c and I also had mild endometritis.

Now I am 6 weeks, 6 days pg (we fell on the 2nd cycle after the op). DH & I are so happy and excited.

We went for a dating scan on Wednesday (when I was 6w,3d) and my ob said it didn't look reassuring as he couldn't see or hear a heartbeat. My yolk sac was also large. The baby was the right size for my dates though so I am taking that as a positive. So we are anxiously waiting until Thursday next week when we go for another scan. My ob is sending me to another place which has bigger and better machines. As hard as it is to wait I might be a few days off with my dates so I wanted to wait as long as possible.

I pray our baby is healthy and growing. All of my symptoms have been getting stronger so I hope that is a good sign. I have also read lots of stories where heartbeats haven't been detected and then a week later there they are. I hope that is the case with us.

Anyway, that's enough about me.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

May 8th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and

I am sorry about your m/c but glad you get to join us with your BFP! I hope this is a super sticky bean.

I was one of those that didn't see a hb at 6w3d, but then went back at 7w3d and saw a wonderful hb!! Now, we will have a new addition any day! Keep your positive attitude and just take it day by day!

I look forward to getting to know you
Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

May 9th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:Welcome:

Can't wait for your update!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
May 10th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for you warm welcome. Oh Melanie, your post made me feel so much better! Isn't it just awful having to wait for another scan? I am 7 weeks today and I am still getting the occasional twinges (hopefully growing pains) and for the last couple of nights I have felt really ill of a night - hoping it is morning sickness kicking in. Or night sickness in my case . My mum and sister only ever felt sick of a night so I might take after them. My bbs are still very sore as well which has made me feel better.

Still so terrified by Thursday but I have to have faith in my little one.

Thanks again!

BFP - 23/08/09

May 10th, 2009, 01:28 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope when you go for your next u/s that you see the beautiful heartbeat! x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
HannahD's Avatar Regular
Hi Mel! I'm so glad you've joined us over here. I've been thinking of you a lot and lurking at the other site for updates on how you're doing. I hope you're hanging in there okay until you have your scan on Thursday

May 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you and hoping for great news when you update us! Welcome!

May 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Mel, good to see you! Hope you are doing OK? I know I've already said it but all the very best for Thursday hun, those symptoms sound excellent!

Mum to Megan (June 2004), 2 precious angels (March 2007 and October 2007) and Emma (11th August 09) our precious IVF miracle

May 11th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. I am still hanging in there - barely! I was ok over the weekend but today has been hard. Been quite anxious and had a bit of back pain and a few twinges which freaked me out. It is the pain I have been having all pg so I am hoping it is still growing pains. Still feeling ill every now and then (thought I was going to throw up in the bushes on the way to work today). It seems to pass very quickly though, not sure if that is normal or not.

My symptoms are all still here but I guess as a mother I expect to know if everything is ok and I just don't. Sometimes I am really positive and other times I have a really bad feeling. I am not sure if it is a self preservation thing, which is silly as I will be just as devastated whether I try not to get my hopes up or not. Everytime I go to the toilet and there isn't blood I start to breathe again until the next time

Anyway enough about me - how are you all going? I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day (or is that just for us Aussie girls?).

Hannah & Megsmum - When Jen and Angel emailed me I just had to join you girls over here! I couldn't go through this last week without you all

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I think I am going to like my new home

BFP - 23/08/09

May 11th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Hugs Mel, I had that bad feeling really early on too. It was a bit of a mixture of how can I do this again and why am I doing this to myself as well. It will improve as time goes on and you start to feel more confident, but it must be hard when you are in limbo like you are Hang in there and hold on to those positive thoughts!

Glad you had a good weekend though and hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day too cause don't forget you are one too. I have sent you (I hope!) a FB request too

Mum to Megan (June 2004), 2 precious angels (March 2007 and October 2007) and Emma (11th August 09) our precious IVF miracle

May 11th, 2009, 05:43 AM
HannahD's Avatar Regular
"My symptoms are all still here but I guess as a mother I expect to know if everything is ok and I just don't. Sometimes I am really positive and other times I have a really bad feeling. I am not sure if it is a self preservation thing, which is silly as I will be just as devastated whether I try not to get my hopes up or not. Everytime I go to the toilet and there isn't blood I start to breathe again until the next time"

Mel - I can totally relate to this. Remember a few weeks ago I was stressing because I was feeling numb? I think it is self-preservation. Now I try to stop second guessing every emotion. If I'm having a good day, I let myself enjoy it for a few moments and just be happy to have this time with bub. If I'm having a bad day....well, still not sure what to do about those, but I am learning to accept that I'll have them. Usually I'll just cuddle up to DH for a while. Not sure if this helps you or not. Once you hear peanut's heartbeat on Thursday, I'm sure it will be easier.

May 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice.

Hannah - I do remember you saying that, it makes me feel better knowing I am not a terrible person for not having that mother's intuition. I just have to get through Thursday, hopefully ending with a huge smile on my face.

Megsmum - I accepted your friend request of FB. I don't go on there that often as I am addicted to this forum!

Well, I think morning sickness hit this morning. It really kicked my butt making me half an hour late to work. I have had waves of nausea on and off but this was the worst I have had and it lasted for much longer. I felt a bit sick after breakfast but then once I brushed my teeth that was the end of me. I didn't throw up (it takes an awful lot for me to do that) but I did sit on the verge of throwing up for over an hour. Felt a little queasy during the day but not nearly as bad. I just hope it is m/s and not my body playing tricks on me again! I have been waiting for m/s and now I can't truly be happy about it as maybe it is just stress. I haven't had it that bad any other morning though.

I am going crazy second guessing my symptoms. As scared as I am I think I just want Thursday to come around so we know either way. Not knowing is just awful but then still having some hope is nice (iykwim?)

BFP - 23/08/09

May 12th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Welcome to PAL, I'm sorry I missed your post the 1st time around! Things sound good, by your post today. I'll be watching for your update on Thursday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search