new and needing support

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Amanda (28) and DH is Michael (26). We are 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant with our first baby (hopefully) We lost a baby in Feb of this year after trying for a year to get pregnant. I was 12 weeks pregnant when I started having some bleeding and cramping I went in and they told us that the baby had quit growing at 8 weeks. I had to have a D & C the next morning. I was traumatized, as I'm sure everyone of you were as well. I never in a million years thought that we would get pregnant so fast this time but I'm so grateful that it happened quickly. The first five minutes after we found out I was ecstatic, that was very quickly followed by fear. I have been a nervous wreck ever since. If my symptoms are not present for more that an hour I start to freak out. I know that this is normal but I could really use some support. DH is an eternal optimistic person and he "just knows that this one is going to stick". I'm not quite there yet. I just want to be excited without having to be afraid that I'm getting my hopes up for no reason.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 14th, 2009, 12:54 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and congrats on your pregnancy hun. Im sorry to hear of your loss

I can relate to your post, I probably posted someting very similar a couple of months ago. I still worry now and I am 21 weeks, I dont worry as much as I did in he early days but thr worry is still there. Pregnancy after loss/or multiple losses is very hard.Or at least I think it is, I also find it emotionally draining. The ladies here are great though, and I would have gone insane without them

I also used to freak out about my symptoms disappearing and stuff, but they always came back worse the next day . When my symptoms were not there I saw it as my body giving me a little break before it threw something else at me..lol.

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and congrats!!

Your story is very similar to mine. I am sorry for your loss. I have been nervous and worried throughout this pregnancy. I can say the best thing that helped me was expressing my fears to my doctor. She was very responsive and has allowed me to come in weekly since my BFP for appt. They've checked my hormone levels on a regular basis, given me 4 sonos, and 2 exams. It sounds like an awful lot, but really has been a blessing for me (and DH who has to listen to me worry).

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy. What you are feeling it's normal we all been there, it's scary when you first find out that you are pg after a m/c, have you made your first appointment yet? Take it one day at the time and don't freak out about symptoms coming and going, it's normal-I know it's easier said than done. Dh was just like y our, he knew that this one was going to be ok and he was right, now I have a beautiful baby boy. We are here for you.

May 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations.
What you are feeling is completely normal, I know that first trimester for me was horrible. I spent the entire time worried that something would go wrong.
Please know that is does get easier as time goes on.

May 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soape View Post
Hi I'm Amanda (28) and DH is Michael (26). We are 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant with our first baby (hopefully) We lost a baby in Feb of this year after trying for a year to get pregnant. I was 12 weeks pregnant when I started having some bleeding and cramping I went in and they told us that the baby had quit growing at 8 weeks. I had to have a D & C the next morning. I was traumatized, as I'm sure everyone of you were as well. I never in a million years thought that we would get pregnant so fast this time but I'm so grateful that it happened quickly. The first five minutes after we found out I was ecstatic, that was very quickly followed by fear. I have been a nervous wreck ever since. If my symptoms are not present for more that an hour I start to freak out. I know that this is normal but I could really use some support. DH is an eternal optimistic person and he "just knows that this one is going to stick". I'm not quite there yet. I just want to be excited without having to be afraid that I'm getting my hopes up for no reason.
first of all
I hate it when people say that!! My whole family says that alllll the time...I'm sorry but no one really KNOWS...you know??

I am so sorry for your loss, but glad to be able to congratulate you on another pregnancy! It's a scary scary time and I know we all wish we could go back to the days where you think you just get pregnant and then 9 months later along comes baby. I'll be keeping you in my t&ps!

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
May 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh Amanda!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! TONS of sticky to you!!

May 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you everyone!!!! I really appreciate the support. I'm glad to know that everyone else feels/felt the same way. I woke up this morning with morning sickness and have been that way every since so that helps. My Dr. says if your feeling sick your more than likely doing great. I'm also completely exhausted but I'm happy as long as I feel some kind of symptoms. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I am sorry for your loss and Congrats on your pregnancy!

I lost my first one after the baby stopped growing at 11-12 weeks. The only thing that kept me sane with this last pregnancy was renting a fetal doppler. I rented from BabyBeat. I could hear the HB starting around 7 weeks. It was sooo reassuring to be able to listen to it when I wasn't "feeling" pregnant.

PAL is a hard road...but sooooooooo worth it in the end. I hope the next 34 weeks fly by for you!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search