New here - first appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
HannahD's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone.

I had my first antenatal appointment today and am buzzing so I just had to share it. My brief history is that I've been married for 4 years and last year, DH and I decided to start a family. We conceived in only 2 months but lost the baby (missed m/c) at around 10 weeks in July 08. I didn't make my first antenatal appointment - instead I had a D&C booked at the exact same time.

Finally, I got another BFP on April 5th. Then today, I made it through my first antenatal appointment. Mentally, this was my first milestone. And I'm happy to report that it went well and I feel great. The midwife said its still too early to have a listen to bub's hb, but that she was happy as long as my symptoms were still strong. DH was a little disappointed though, we never saw a hb last time so I think he was looking forward to it. But I still haven't used an u/s referral my GP gave me so I reminded him of that. Plus my symptoms have gotten stronger this week if anything, so that has to be a good sign. But the first visit is my first milestone (since I didn't get that far last time). I now have my bright orange pregnancy record to keep with me. Yay! After months of seeing women at the maternity hospital I work in walking around with them, I finally have my own! When we left the hospital DH told me to put it in my bag and I said "No, I want everyone to see I have my little orange book." lol

So, now I feel more able to talk about it and will hopefully be on here a little more. I look forward to sharing this PAL journey with you (and I thought TTCAL was bumpy...lol).

May 14th, 2009, 12:48 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and congrats on your pregnancy!

Im glad to hear you had a great appointment! Im sorry you didnt get to hear the heartbeat though, are you having an ultrasound anytime soon? And I so know what you mean about the pregnancy records, I was over the moon when I got mine. It made everything seem a little more real.

I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you. The ladies here are wonderful, I dont know what I would do without them

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
mollycat's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mollycat
Hi Hannah

Just wanted to say - well done on your appointment and YAY for the orange book (i want one) all i get is an A4 page with details of visit on it.

thanks ~Vicki~ for this amazingsiggy.

May 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! I just went in yesterday and was able to hear the h/b on the doppler. If you can't yet get an u/s maybe you could ask for that as an alternative?

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Your story is similar to mine, I never made it to the first appointment, never saw a h/b. Have you scheduled another appointment to see the h/b?

May 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations.
It is comforting to hit each of those important milestones.
Hopefully you will be able to see or hear the heartbeat soon.

May 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
HannahD's Avatar Regular
Thanks for the welcome and congrats.

When I saw my GP at 6 weeks she gave me a referral for an u/s that I could use if I was worried about anything. But my symptoms have been strong enough to reassure me and I've had a few that I didn't have last time. I think the midwife decided against using a doppler yesterday so that I wouldn't be worried if she couldn't find a hb. I asked DH if he wants to use the referral but I think he wants to save it just in case there comes a time when we really need it. My next appointment is at 16 weeks and we'll definitely get to have a listen then, plus I have a morphology scan booked at 19 weeks.

May 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!

I hope you have a healthy and easy pregnancy!

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

May 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HI Hannah,

So glad your appointment went well - so happy for you and your DH!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

May 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Hannah!

Welcome to PAL! Congrats on your pregnancy, and passing your milestone; that's fabulous!!

May 20th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome!!! I don't blame you for proudly carrying your orange PG record around. That is awesome! I'm glad your symptoms are strong and that you're feeling better about this PG! Welcome to PAL. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search