Back to work

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well yesterday was my first day back to work, my first day without my sweet little baby. I thought it was going to be horrible that I would cry all day, but I surprised myself, I did good! I cried when I left the house, dh takes him to daycare, but when I got to work, i was all business, lets see how today goes. Dh got me a digital picture frame for Mother's day (which by the way I know I'm way too late, but happy mother's day to all, to those that are celebrating their first mother's day, to those that have been celebrating it for quite a while and to those that will be celebrating next year) so that's what I do all day, look at pictures of my baby boy.
I know I been MIA since Alex was born and I'm sorry, but I'm back

May 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is always such a hard transition.
But I must say it was nice to get back to spending time and conversing with adults.

May 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry you had to go back to work already, but I'm glad to have you back. I missed you!

May 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I missed you too Michelle
It is nice to be able to have an adult conversation with someone else other than dh

May 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i work from home so i can't imagine what it is like to leave for work each day, but i sure do miss adult conversations sometimes! i am glad going back to work has been better/easier than you expected.
nice to hear from you
May 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i work from home so i can't imagine what it is like to leave for work each day, but i sure do miss adult conversations sometimes! i am glad going back to work has been better/easier than you expected.
nice to hear from you
May 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the transition was easier than expected on you. I am REALLY not even wanting to THINK about going back to work yet!! I only have 7 weeks with Cecil. It's great you were able to take so much time off!!
May 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
I'm glad the transition was easier than expected on you. I am REALLY not even wanting to THINK about going back to work yet!! I only have 7 weeks with Cecil. It's great you were able to take so much time off!!
I work for the State, and their benefits are really good, they might not pay you enough to live on but they have pretty good benefits, I know I'm lucky, I had 12 weeks.

May 14th, 2009, 04:17 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
it's so good to see you back online....i can imagine the transition back to work was tough, but (selfishly) i'm happy you'll be around more!!

And you knew this was coming....when do we get to see new pics of Alexander???? please please please please please!!!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 20th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome that you had 12 weeks, Patty! How you doing now that your back? It's always hard to go back, I cried and cried after Sid, and I cried coming back after Ella too. It's difficult, but yet sometimes nice too, just for the adult interaction part.

May 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpersmama View Post
That's awesome that you had 12 weeks, Patty! How you doing now that your back? It's always hard to go back, I cried and cried after Sid, and I cried coming back after Ella too. It's difficult, but yet sometimes nice too, just for the adult interaction part.
Yeah I'm starting to enjoy adult conversations but everyone here is gone for the summer, so I'm back to talking to myself
I actually thought it would be a lot harder to leave him, but I'm doing ok, maybe it's the fact that I been gone for 3 months and I have lots of work to do

May 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I remember going back to work when after I had Joey. It was so hard! And, he was in a child care center downstairs from my office! But, as you're finding, you can "do the business thing" even though you miss your little one. And, if you take it one day at a time, you'll be spending the weekend with your baby! Glad to see you around. Hope your day goes well.

May 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you Kelty, once great thing about coming back to work is that I get to come here and post more often

May 20th, 2009, 08:33 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When work slows down, bring Lex into the office with you!

May 20th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I think I might actually do that on Fridays.
Jess I missed you girl.

May 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See, then you won't be without him alllll the time!!!

I missed you too Patty!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search