had a break down today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a break down today. Yesterday was a great day, meaning that I was nauseated the whole entire day and my BBS hurt for most of the day, I was having my ovary cramps, and I was exhausted. Well this morning I woke up and I wasn't tired, my BBS didn't hurt and I wasn't nauseated. I kept waiting all day for my symptoms to start back up and they didn't. I was trying to keep my mind busy, but right before DH came home from work I lost it and cried for and hour and a half straight!! DH was great and he tried to rationalize with me that this doesn't mean that the baby is gone. I know that symptoms can come and go, but I wish that they were always here. I know that sounds crazy but my sanity would be so much better if they were. I work nights so during the day I just sleep or sit at home without a whole lot to do and my mind just wanders. I think the reason that I;m so scared is that the last pregnancy my symptoms just abruptly stopped and then 4 weeks later I found out that the baby had quit growing. I'm just terrified. Michael told me today to try and look at the positive that as far as we know right now we are pregnant. Only time and God will tell the rest. It helped a little. How do you get through this and still have your sanity?

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Melanie0507's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Fortunately, we have all been in the same boat and can relate. I also had a missed m/c, which I think is difficult because there were no signs that anything was wrong (I was even still nauseated, etc!) until I went to my first appt.

I think most of us on here have had breakdowns at some point, but there are lots of excellent examples here that there are lots of successful PAL babies

My recommendation is pretty much what your dh said...try to remember that for today, you ARE pregnant. Try to enjoy it, and take each day as it comes.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do!

Owen 5/17/09 (Born with Hirschsprung's Disease)
And expecting our newest addition 5/7/12

May 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I can't help you with how to get through it because I feel the same. I STILL don't have symptoms and I worry daily. Thankfully I have an u/s in 4 days, do you have an appointment coming up?

I will give you this though!

I know you know symptoms coming and going are normal, but it doesn't mean it's not scary!

May 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your hubby is right. That seems to be the most common advice that we give around here....try to focus on the fact that you are pregnant today. Also, I know it doesn't help too much to hear it, but, symptoms really do come and go. This pregnancy mine seemed to be on some kind of weird 3 day cycle...with one day of feeling crappy, one day of feeling great, and one day that was somewhere in between. I know how hard it is to keep it together...but stick around here and we'll help you out. Also, it sounds like you have a wonderfully supportive husband as well.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the advice!!! I really needed it today. I have my U.S. on Thursday and I'm trying to sane till then

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie gave me some similar advice when I posted when I was lossing my mind! She told me to remember that this second, minute, hour I AM still pregnant. And that helped me, alot.

My symptoms have come and gone this whole pregnancy, eventually I decided that my symptom free days were my body giving me a break before the symptoms came back. That seemed to help my mind relax too I hope you have a great u/s on Thursday hun, I cant wait to hear all about it

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 18th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had the same thing happen to me. We had a missed m/c and my symptoms had "disappeared". With this PG I analyzed every symptom and feeling, convincing myself (more than once) that something was wrong. But, the advice given here is very good. Take it one day at a time. As time goes on, it DOES get a little easier. Good luck this week. KUP!

May 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Gayle's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Gayle Send a message via Yahoo to Gayle
I'm sorry your going through the feelings. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful and caring husband. My symptoms didn't come until about week 10 or so. Felt fine until then and didn't think I was pregnant. I hope the ultrasound helps ease your mind. One day at a time.

May 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS Amanda, try to stay positive and focus on taking things day by day. I'll echo Melanie in that with my loss ALL of my symptoms were still present (and i'd continue to need m/s meds for almost a week after my loss) and i had no signs of the impending m/c....so signs (or lack thereof) don't necessarily mean things are going well or badly with your pregnancy.

Getting through the 1st appt does help, and I'll be praying for you on Thur that everything goes perfectly and you get some much needed reassurance. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i remember going threw that too. i was taking pregnancy test till i was 3 months;(
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

May 18th, 2009, 10:27 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I agree with the other ladies. I hope that on Thursday you see that beautiful baby and hb. I can't wait to hear all about it. WE are here for you anytime.

May 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskate View Post
Brittanie gave me some similar advice when I posted when I was lossing my mind! She told me to remember that this second, minute, hour I AM still pregnant. And that helped me, alot.
Yep, that's my advice. That's how I got through both subsequent pregnancies. You have to take it a minute at a time sometimes. Sometimes it's easier and you take it day by day.

With Patrick I woke up one morning suddenly feeling great and stopped throwing up. That's unusual for me, because with both Cora and Erin I threw up the ENTIRE time. I didn't throw up again for 2 months (nice to have a little break, lol. It's how I knew he was a boy). It's so easy to be scared like that.

Keep yourself busy, and find time to meditate/relax and think about positive things. Give yourself some positive feedback.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search