Newbie to the forum...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
marisat's Avatar Veteran
Just a little intro for anyone who didn't see my essay[u] in the Intro forum (it was long)! My name is Marisa, I'm new to this site but not new to mommy boards! I have a 3 (almost 4) year old, her name is Laine (Lanie), and my dh's name is Blake. I just copied this from my intro in the other forum (hope that's ok), just so I wouldn't have to type it all over again! (I'm lazy, I know).
Here's the story:
We started trying for baby #2 when Lanie was about 1 1/2, but had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in 2003. That was obviously devastating for both of us, and we decided to be cautious and wait a little before we started trying again. Dealing with the loss of a child, however small, breaks your heart. I know that our angel baby is up there in heaven, but it doesn't heal the hurt of that baby being gone...only time is starting to do that for us. I feel like our angel is up there, telling us that it's ok for us to enjoy and relax during this pregnancy...however hard it may be.
Last year, we found out we were having twins! In some way, I think that we were blessed this time with two because of our loss a few years ago-it feels like God's way of telling us that our child's soul is still alive and well, maybe even in another baby-like one of our twins! It was a major surprise to us when our doc said there were not just one, but TWO! Blake's mom is an identical twin, so we knew there was a chance, but never really considered it seriously as something that would happen to us! It was definitely a shock, I can't lie, but now that we're getting more used to the idea, we're starting to get really excited!
So, I'm currently pregnant with g/g twins, we're exactly 27 weeks right now, and I've pretty much been on bedrest since 22 weeks. January 18th is when I started having contractions/pre-term labor, and I was in the hospital for almost a week after that. I was sent home from the hospital but 2 weeks ago was admitted again for bleeding, cramping, and signs of early labor. I've been fine so far in the hospital, other than the fact that it's really hard not being home with my Blake and Lanie! My due date is May 25, but our short-term goal is getting to 29 weeks, then 30 weeks, etc. My doctor is almost 100% sure that I'll have to deliver early because of my health and theirs, and that's a little scary, but I'm just trying to take everything one day at a time right now.
That's the basic story, there's a little more to it in the Intro forum, but I'll stop for now. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you better!
February 23rd, 2006, 03:18 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats. This is a great board for support. Look forward to getting to know you. Blesssings B
February 23rd, 2006, 05:15 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, welcome to the group. I am sorry for your losses. Congrats on your twins. I work in an NICU and see quite a few preemie twins. Most of the 29-30 weekers do fine. So rest up and I will pray that you all stay put in the bed for another week or two.
February 23rd, 2006, 07:05 AM
hopin4a4rth
Welcome Marisa & congratulations on your twin girls!!! how exciting!!! I'm glad you found our board. The ladies here are great to chat with!
February 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome & congrats. It is so hard to relax when you feel like you have every reason to worry - but coming here for support is a great start to helping yourself unwind. Wishing you several more weeks to prepare!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search