Having a very bad day...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
soontobemommyto3
My stupid DRs office never asked for authorization for my amnio (which my DR said he would have his staff do 3 weeks ago!) I just felt like I should check up on them since my amnio is scheduled for next week. And nope, nothing has been done.

I am SO mad. My insurance is a total pain in the butt and won't do proceedures over $500 without preauthorization. Now we only have a few business days before the appt to get this done, if we even can!

I just keep thinking I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE DOING THIS!!! My baby was supposed to live last time, everything was perfect, I shouldn't have to be dealing with this crap, the amnio, the paper work, the worry, none of it.

Thanks for listening. I called the DRs office this afternoon to see if they did what they said they would this morning and they had already gone home!!! GRRR...
February 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
hopin4a4rth
sounds like a frustrating day. Hope you can relax this evening.

I agree.. you shouldn't have to be doing this... why didn't the Dr's office take care of it already?! *sigh*

February 23rd, 2006, 03:20 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That Stinks!!!!!!! At least you had the foresight to check up on it . It would have been aweful to walk in and not be authorized. I hope you have a better day today. Blessings B
February 23rd, 2006, 03:56 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry hun, I hope it all gets figured out for you so you can have it done.

(((HUGS)))

February 23rd, 2006, 05:10 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, it's good you checked up on it. It's sad though that you HAVE to check up on it and it's not taken care of. I hope you can get authorization for the day of your appointment. I know how important this is to you.
February 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Mickey3's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you having to play insurance games right now!! I hope you get it all worked out, you guys might talk to your companies HR dept. about all of the trouble you have had with this company. I've seen instances where the company can step in and make the insurance do the right thing!
Jack Oliver 8/4/06

February 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM
Super Mommy
Susan,

Sorry to hear that they are dropping the ball. See if you could also get ahold of the insurance company and possibly get a fax number for them, so the paperwork might go through a little quicker. I would hate to see you have to reschedule due to the paperwork.

Everytime I go in for any appointment, they always tell me my coverage is denied. (I guess they run all the appts through in the am for the day to check for coverage.) I always have to ask them to please run it again and it goes through. The perinatol did not want to take the time to run it through, they wanted to bill me, which would have been a nightmare the way my insurance is set up.
February 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
soontobemommyto3
Ok an update. My DRs office called the insurance company yesterday and get this.... They said I don't need precertification. First the insurance company told me personally they don't cover amnios when DH called his HR department they said yes, they cover them with precertification and now the DR calls and they say no need, its covered.

I have a feeling it will bite us in the end and the insurance company will try to get out of paying for it. But for now it looks like we are covered and good to go on Tuesday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search