Holy heartburn, Batman!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I could be a fire eater in the circus! I woke up this morning, after being up half the night thinking I had food poisoning, and MAN do I have heartburn. I never puked last night, but, I gagged for hours. I'm sure my stomach is just irritated. But, man, I haven't had heartburn like this since I was PG with Robbie. And, it was much later. If the old wives tale is true that mommies that have heartburn give birth to babies with lots of hair, then I think I'm having a very furry baby I took some Gaviscon, but, I totally forgot what PG heartburn feels like. Ha ha ha... maybe the nachos for breakfast isn't a really good idea toast it is!

May 22nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you! I had a couple of minor episodes of heartburn earlier in the pregnancy, but the last week has been much more significant. I'm not quite sure I understand the difference between reflux and heartburn, but whichever one it is, it sure is uncomfortable. At my ultrasound on Tuesday, the tech said it looked like she had hair on her head. I sure am curious to see her now. Not sure if it will be blonde or brown.

Good luck with your heartburn!

May 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Kelty, I'm sorry...Yeah maybe Nachos was not the best idea (still a good one ).

May 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhhh, I can't wait to see her either! You are sooooo close to delivering! I had little heartburn with my first two DS...and they were bald bald bald! We'll see, I guess.

May 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
I only had mild heartburn and he had plenty of hair.

May 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know the theory has no real validity. I think I'm just trying to make a "positive" out of having heartburn. He he he. I'm in denial about the nachos!

May 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh kelty, i somehow missed the nacho post - you didn't REALLY have them for breakfast did you???

I haven't had any heartburn yet, but interestingly my OB interrogated me about it at my last appt...i guess she thinks all the nausea/vomiting might be caused by that? but i'm pretty sure i haven't had any....that's where you feel like a burning sensation in chest/throat right?

Anyway i hope yours goes away, doesn't sound like fun...and who wants plain toast for breakfast?

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
You know what gave me back heartburn?? Twix! The one thing I couldn't live without

May 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
you make me laugh klt hehehhe I'm so happy to have found a new friend I dont' really ever suffer from heat burn however I did have it during the week after eating red curry... I thought it was just the curry but now I know it is the pg because we eat curry 1-2 nights a week and I never usually get heart burn... Hope I dont' turn into batman and have it through out the whole pregnancy!

I was gonna post in a general PAL thread over here but can't find it??? can you point me in the right direction?....

You asked me on my HPT announcment how I told dh about the pg... We are 'very' close and I only wanted to test when he was there so I took my temp at 6am and it was still up and I was going to wait until today 14DPO but decided that I had 5 pg tests so I would use one yesterday... So I got up did the test checked the time and quickly ducked into the shower. 4 mins later I looked at the test and with bewilderment started jumping up and down and nearly hyperventilating with excitement!!! Than dh got up and looked at it and we hugged for ages and he was very happy too than we got into bed again and I started crying with 'relief' that I was actually pg again and he told me that there was nothing to worry about... I asked him if he was scared at all and he said 'no' what will be will be and many woman have m/c's and than have healthy bubs so this one will be born on Feb 1st we decided LOL (EDD is Jan 30th)

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
May 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had TONS of heartburn with Caiden and he was a furball!!! Too funny!!

Mylanta seems to work wonders for me Cherry-flavored

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search