question about hot tubs...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a hot tub, and I obviously have not used it since finding out that I'm PG. But, in the Summer months, when it's warmer outside, I'd love to use it (at night so the neighbors don't see me in a swimsuit. I wouldn't want to scare them ) Anyway, what temperature is safe to use for, let's say, 20-30 minutes at a time? Is it anything below body temp? I'm gonna ask my OB next week, but, I just refilled the tub and I'm setting the heater. Just wondering if any of you have any idea. thanks!

May 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely recommend talking to your OB, but it is my understanding that you do not want your core body temperature to rise to 101 or above. I don't know exactly what water temperature would raise it that high, but I would think that if you don't get the water temp above 99, you should be pretty safe. I would maybe check your temperature several times and make sure it was not raising above 100. I would also limit the use to less than 20 minutes at a time. But, like I said before, you should check with your OB.

May 22nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was told by my OB to just avoid hot tubs, so I did.....We actually have a sauna and I was told not too use that either even at the lowest setting, I hope I can use it now......

May 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I'll just set it at a very low setting, like a pool and just use it during the day. I'm not willing to risk it. It will be refreshing in the heat. And, heck it will save us money on heating it. Thanks for the input.

May 22nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Hi klt I was just talking to another thread about this last night... I thought it was safe to have a spa in your own home if it wasn't too hot and that it was only public spas that you shouldn't have due to bacteria risk & you can't control the temp etc BUT a lady on that thread is a midwife and said that the pressure of the jets is not good for you however a bath in luke warm water is ok... So to use it with cool water in the summer would be totally ok! I intend to use ours in the winter with 'not too hot water' but I wont turn the jets on... Than in the summer when I'm like 7,8 & 9 mths pg I will be using out outdoor shower, the spa with cold water in it and going to the beach! In fact maybe adding a bit of salt to the water is a good idea, it will kill any nasties in it if you are worried about water getting 'up there'.... HTH in some way!

Our Amazing Water Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search