Spotting questions..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to ka2sie Send a message via MSN to ka2sie Send a message via Yahoo to ka2sie
So I went and had my first u/s since finding out i was pregnant, Believe they saw the sac and a yolk sac (i came in the room when the u/s tec was writing up her finding for doc) and beleive i saw yolk sac seen and thought i saw it on the pics she printed.. anyways doc says im 5 w 3 d at that u/s so (3 w 3 days since conception) I had very light pink spot on toilet paper and some light brownish discharge, I had to go to ER to get evaultated since my drs didnt have any docs in the office, anyways is this normal? I hate when they send you home that paper that says " possible misscarriage"with care tips blah blah, I heard this is normal and "old blood"could it be from my uterus stretching and moving that knocked some stuff loose, no bleeding or anything now just a light tanish/cream color, Thanks ladies
May 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on having a good u/s! PAL is very scary, and spotting is realy hard to see after a loss too. Your spotting could be implantation bleeding though. Try to take it easy and drink lots of fluids. It's great to hear that the bleeding has stopped too. KUP on how you are doing
May 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Spotting can be common, especially after a transvaginal u/s. My OB always told me that I might see a little bit of spotting after my ultrasounds because the bloodflow to that area has increased due to PG and when they do an exam you can "irritate" the area, causing a small amount of bleeding. I hope everything works out and the spotting stops. Keep us updated.

May 26th, 2009, 02:18 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had tons of spotting/bleeding during this pregnancy! My last episode was just last week! My first was at just over 4 weeks and I my doctor told me it was an implantation bleed. I know bleeding is very scary, but it doesnt always mean something bad. I hope it stops soon though x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 26th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to ka2sie Send a message via MSN to ka2sie Send a message via Yahoo to ka2sie
Thanks everyone for your help, Spotting has seemed to stop had very very light pinkish white today (sorry if tmi) im sure its normal but im a worry wort Ive been reading online and seems very normal. I'll KUP if anything changes.
May 26th, 2009, 05:57 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im glad it seems to have stopped now

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 26th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's normal to have a little spotting, just as long as it's not heavy.

I have bleed with this pregnancy and the ones with the boys. I didn't freak out as much with early bleeding after U/S with this one.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Spotting is normal. When to be worried is when it turns to bleeding and/or it is joined by cramping. Also, sometimes the spotting my not be coming from the vagina. It could be coming from a result of a urinary tract infection or kidney infection. If they every tell you a possible or impending miscarriage, the best thing to do is rest and stay off your feet. Lay on your left side since it increases the blood flow to the baby. They can test your HCG levels to determine if the pregnancy is viable, but its not 100% legit. Some people have hormone levels that will drop then double again. When you receive your ultrasound showing the heart beat, the odds of a miscarriage decrease a whole lot.

I know its hard but try to relax. When you worry it affects the baby. I'm pretty sure everything is ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search