big day... remembering my angel and having my big U/S

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today is my angel's EDD. We don't know if it was a boy or a girl. My son called the baby "Baby Rufus" (He was so excited and thought it was funny.) We lost our little one and there isn't a day I don't think about my little baby. I know my mom is holding him/her in heaven. I'm sure she's taking great care of Baby Rufus. I wish I could have held my baby. I miss our angel every day. Our baby will forever be in our hearts.

Today is also my big U/S. I can't believe I've made it 20 weeks. It seems surreal to think that I should be holding a new baby, but, instead I'm still PG. I also feel so blessed that I am facing my angel's EDD with the knowledge that I AM pregnant and everything seems to be going well so far.

Please send a few prayers. I just want to know that this baby (DS has named this one "Baby Brutus") is healthy and doing well. I don't care if it's a boy or a girl (I'm not finding out until delivery, but DH is ) I just want a little more reassurance that everything is fine.

Thanks for letting me vent. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without you all. PAL would be so scary without you awesome mommies to lean on. You guys are the best. I'll update when I can.

May 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
I will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear about your U/S.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be thinking of you and both your little ones today. I know how hard it is to have a milestone on an EDD. My big ultrasound was also on my EDD. I thought it was going to be impossible to enjoy seeing my little one, but it really helped cheer me up. Wishing you the best of luck today.

Randie

May 26th, 2009, 08:11 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of Hugs. I am very sorry for your loss. Baby Rufus is such a cute name, and your angel is with you today and always. All you have to do it look at your dh and look at yourself in the mirror, and you can see your little angel. Your baby is still a part of you, and is never far away.

Good luck with your u/s today. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. KUP on how it goes, and I hope you share pics!!
May 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
good luck today Kelty! I know everything will be fine and can't wait to see new pics of your little one!! HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck today Kelty, update us when you get back.

May 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelty,

The EDD of an angel is a rough day. I hope the u/s for baby Brutus makes it a little easier for you. (I hope your DH is good at keeping secrets -- I don't know how he can know the gender and not share it with you or other people... that's one BIG secret).

May 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[IMG][/IMG]I'm back and everything went great. I had a rough time this AM, but, after seeing our little one wiggling all over the place, I know that miracles really do happen! I'll try to download the picture as soon as I can. It was an amazing u/s. We got to see bloodflow, the heartbeat (150/min), all of the major organs, and then came the 3D/4D. Man, I am sooo in awe of that machine. It was totally cool!
Everything is going well and I'm starting to get excited (still cautious, but excited just the same). Now I just can't wait until I can hold this little one!

I know that our angel is watching over us. And I'm thrilled everything is going well. But, this day is still bittersweet. I wish I could be holding BOTH babies (I know, selfish mom.) Thanks for all your support everyone!

Last edited by klt; May 26th, 2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add pic
May 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh kelty i LOVE the pic - that's just amazing and his/her face is absolutely beautiful!!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Kelty, I love the pic. Your LO is beautiful. I know the day was bittersweet. I'm sorry you had a hard day. Know we are all here for you anytime. Congrats on the great u/s

May 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry it was a bittersweet day, pretty soon you will be holding this little one in your arms. We are all here for you. Great picture, I know isn't awesome the technology that they have. I had an u/s about a week or two before Alex was born, the Dr. printed out a picture of him face and I'm telling you he looked exactly as the u/s picture.

May 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Kelty! How cool that you got to see it all in 3d/4d. I think you're absolutely right about your little one looking down on you today. Here's to a smooth and healthy second half of your pregnancy!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I'm starting to let myself get cautiously excited. I am popping popcorn tonight and watching the ultrasound video! What a social life I lead, huh?!?!?!

May 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great pic! What a sweetheart. Sorry this day is filled with mixed emotions
May 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Your social life sounds a lot like mine, without the popcorn and the u/s video

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search