Miscarriage # 3

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
So I have finally miscarried baby # 3. I have not had a successful pregnancy yet. This has been the worst miscarriage yet. I was almost 12 weeks but the baby once again stopped growing at 7 weeks and never had a heartbeat. This miscarriage started on my birthday May 9th. I am still bleeding to this day. I went to the doctor on May 19th and they told me they were concerned about blood loss and said that I didn't pass everything yet so they scheduled me for a D & C. I had it done on thurday and I am still experiencing pain and bleeding. The bleeding is starting to turn to spotting. But I am tired of this. I am tired of miscarrying. I am tired of the pain. I am tired of bleeding. I want to have a baby but I am scared to even get pregnant again. I have been extremely depressed so they have given me anti-depressants (Lexapro).

They want to start testing to see what is wrong. They said that majority of the time the tests come back normal. I told them that if they cannot find anything wrong then just tie my tubes because I don't want to get pregnant again and be scared and not to mention risk miscarriage # 4. Have any of you experienced any testing? Also, how do you find the courage to try again and not be in fear?
May 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I am so sorry for all your losses. I haven't had any testing, just wanted to send you hugs. I hope you get some answers and a solution to a sticky bean. Please kup. You are in my t&p.

May 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry for your loss :hugs: They found out i have a clotting disorder (MTHFR) , I did not know until I had lost several pregnancies and had 1 successful but very scary pregnancy. Starting with a clotting panel is simple - just a blood draw.

May 26th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your losses, I haven't had any testing but I wanted to send you some HUGS

May 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))

I understand as someone who has had many losses.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 26th, 2009, 10:19 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am very sorry for your loss

I went through years of testing. I think I had them all done some of them done multiple times. I think Dr's run out of "ideas" so they start over again to make you feel like something is being done. I just knew I wanted a baby so badly that it would all be worth it. Honestly...after living through all that and so many losses once he was here it all just feels like a bad dream.... and I soon forgot the "hell" I went through to get him. I really don't have any advice... I wish I did... but I know partly how you feel and will give you instead.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the replies. It really helps. I am trying so hard to move on. It is nice to hear from others who have experienced this. Then hearing from those that have had successful pregnancies or found out what was the problem and getting it fixed. I feel there is something wrong. I just don't see why my babies can't make it past 7 weeks and never have a heartbeat. I noticed on some of my blood work they did at 7 weeks I had to abnormal results. My nuetrophils were high and my monocytes were low. I don't really know too much about these other than that they are types of white blood cells.

With my first 2 miscarriages they didn't ever give me the results to my blood work. I am curious what the levels were then.

May 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
peggums27's Avatar Luv my girls
Im so sorry, I myself have had 7 miscarriages, and one baby born in 2007 that spassed shortly after birth.... Take some time to heal and get those doctors to start testing you, never lose hope!!!!!!! I thought my chances were over, and miracles do happen never forget that....

You are in my t & p's

Peggy ~ Mom to~ Alexa 07-13-00 Rennon (RIP) 05-26-07 Mia 12-10-09

And I can't breathe without you, but I have to breathe, without you, I have to
May 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through all of this...and, I hope they find answers for you. That way, maybe the situation can be taken care of and you can carry a PG to term. I'm praying for you and hoping that you keep us all updated as you get the results! Lots of hugs heading your way, knowing I just don't have the right thing to say.

May 26th, 2009, 12:20 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i fianally had testing done after my 3rd loss. some of my clotting factor levels were off. we made a plan of action even though we didn't exactly know why i was experiencing losses. then i miscarried again! i really didn't know if i could keep doing this. i wanted to know what was wrong with me, but they never found anything for sure. but i was grateful to have a doctor who was trying to find some answers for me. my fifth pregnancy was fianlly successful and now i have my wonderful little girl. i can't tell you how not to be scared b/c i ws the whole time, but like mentioned above, i wholeheartedly believe that any of my heartache was worth it b/c now i have my baby. and, if anything, my losses before her have really taught me to never take my child for granted - i am more thankful for her than i can put into words.
so sorry for your losses and i know it is hard to be going through this again.
May 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so so sorry. One loss was terrible for me, took me months before I started to feel sane again. Now all I can do is be paranoid that it will happen again, as I dont know how I would move on. I know how you feel about how many times do you keep trying and suffering? I am on a miscarriage forum and many women there have had multiple miscarriages, and all have had at least one successful baby. There is hope.... beyond all this pain. Lots of hugs xoxoo
May 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry hun

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and I'm very sorry for your losses. I, too, have had 3 miscarriages. Mine came between a normal pregnancy and this current pregnancy (which hasn't exactly been normal). Two of mine were early and I have no reason for them despite lots of testing. My 3rd was at 10 weeks and I had the baby tested after a D&C. I found out that the baby had chromosomal problems. I often felt exactly as you have described, wondering how I could possibly try again. All I can say is that time helps a lot and we women can be amazingly resilient. Also, support groups like this one help a lot too. My advice is first of all, to find a doc that you trust and can really communicate with. Read a lot and become very involved in your own care. Secondly, understand that this is life changing. You will always have some pain and the fear won't go away when you do get pregnant again (that's why we're all here). Help your closest friends/family/ etc to realize this too. Good luck, hun. I hope that things start looking up for you.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 26th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I am so very sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))

May 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I know three people who have the antiphospholipid (sp?) syndrome (blood-clotting). Two had multiple losses around 7-8 weeks and one had only one loss. She was lucky enough to be an OB nurse that was able to get tested before any other losses. Not that you necessarily have that syndrome, but it seems to be more common that maybe we'd think. Or I just happen to have three friends with it (??)

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search