home again - I know this has turned into so much drama! - UPDATE

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 02:31 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, hopefully I am out of the hospital until I go to have a baby!! I see that Tanya updated you all about my surgery. I had to decide between that, inducing the baby, or staying in the hospital on heavy narcotics while trying to pass the stone. She is plenty old enough to induce, but it was really bumming me out to think about drugging me all up, then forcing her out. Also, the doc said he thinks an induction may even fail at this point. So, I went with the surgery....I was given a spinal for it and they didn't have to make any incisions (just go up through bladder and get the stone that was fairly far down my tube anyway). The surgery itself was quick and really easy. I did have a pain episode last night (from the irritation/trauma to my kidney) that was VERY hard to get under control. I had loads of morphine, percocet, and finally an ambien to put me to sleep since we couldn't get the pain to stop. I think it was kind of nice to gain perspective on what a spinal/epidural feels like without having it during labor. Now I know its not too scary in case I NEED one, but it also reaffirmed my plan not to have one. I really did not like the "paralyzed" feeling. I'm still on percocet, but will hopefully be able to wean off of it here soon and go about my life until its actually time for her to come out. I still have a stone up high on the right, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does not move before she comes. I'll have a CT scan in the hospital after I have her and then they'll make a plan for how to take care of any more stones. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!!

UPDATE: Shortly after making this post I had to go back to hospital for another night of DRUGS! Urologist says that pain episode (as well as the previous night) are "transient" pain from the surgery. I haven't had any pain meds in 28 hours now and came home again last night. The OBs are ready to induce whenever I say the word. I told them if the pain comes back, I'll induce. So, this is my last chance!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Last edited by kellyanne; May 28th, 2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: updated
May 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm glad that everything went ok, sort of.....I'm glad to know that you and the baby are ok. Sorry about you having to go through all of this just weeks before she is born. I agree with you I did not the paralyze part of the epi. Glad to see that you are back.

May 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're home and things are going better. I can't imagine how stressful that must have been. As for the epidural, how strong of one did you get? When I was in labour with my son, I had an epidural. They don't want you walking around or anything, but I was sure that I could. I could still feel my legs and everything, but they felt kind of numb. The epidural I had for my c-section was more like a spinal. It completely blocked all sensation from my breast bone down. The two were very, very different. The epidural was lovely, the spinal was terrifying!

May 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laurie, mine was a spinal, which I know is different. I couldn't move at all or even feel anything at all. I'm sure an epi is much better, but I still don't think I'd love it, I like to move around.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
May 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly,
I'm so glad you are home. I'm sure you are much more comfortable there than in the hospital. I'm sure it was a tough decision to decide to have the surgery. I'm sorry you were put in such an annoying circumstance because of the kidney stones. I will be praying that the one high up doesn't cause any problems for you. Take it easy now until Juliana decides it's time to make her appearance.

May 26th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear everything went well and you continue to mend. When I had my three epidurals (wouldn't want to be without one ) I could feel my legs, move them, etc... And, after delivery within an hour or so they helped me walk to the bathroom. Weird sensation, but, there was NO way my body was going to let me go potty in a bed pan! (sorry tmi) I had very low doses and it was great!

Anyway, I hope everything continues to get better as you prepare for your LOs arrival! KUP

May 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so glad you're home and doing better.

May 27th, 2009, 01:45 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear that you are doing better, and that you are now at home! Get some good rest, your lo will be here before you know it!!
May 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm glad the surgery went ok and everything is ok with the little one! how scary to have to deal with that so close to delivery At least now the problem is solved and i hope the pain goes away quickly for you!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search