who will have a C section?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
are you having a scheduled C section?
have you ever had one?
are you nervous? have you read up on it?

* I had one, yep, you are sore !! but if that is what is best for you and baby.....

May 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
I will schedule a c section.
Have had 2 previous c sections
Yeah it makes you sore but is worth it for a healthy baby.

May 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I had my 2nd section. To me, it's totally worth it for a healthy baby. It really isn't that bad.

May 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a c-section when I had Lily. I am not sure whats going on this time around. I was swaying towards a VBAC, but then I freak out about uterine rupture and that makes me want a c-section. My OB wants to see me at 36 weeks to discuss delivery options - so I guess we shall see

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep , This will make #4 . I am unable to deliever naturally......
May 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well not to be the one that disagrees with everyone but I had a c-section and for me it was not that great, it was very painful for a long time, I hate it, if we have another one I probably not chose a c-section other than if I have to for the baby sake . I still can't feel anything from where they cut and i bit above. But, i had a healthy beautiful baby so it was worth it

May 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup i had 2. going to have my third.
my stomache is still numb in certain areas near the cut. but doesnt boother me
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

May 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM
peggums27's Avatar Luv my girls
are you having a scheduled C section? yes
have you ever had one? yes ( and they do hurt I was told they dont hurt lol, boy were they wrong lol)
are you nervous? no
have you read up on it? I did with the last one but not this time just going to go with the flow

Peggy ~ Mom to~ Alexa 07-13-00 Rennon (RIP) 05-26-07 Mia 12-10-09

And I can't breathe without you, but I have to breathe, without you, I have to
May 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would never have a scheduled cesarean for many reasons. It would have to be a real true emergency. Everyone always says that it is worth it for a healthy baby, and of course that is true, but almost always the healthiest way to give birth is vaginally.

For my own health, a vaginal birth is undoubetedly the better and safer choice as well. I have episodes of amnesia when given pain medication, and I do not want to risk the possible side effects of an epidural. Plus my body does not handle surgery well- I can't imagine caring for a newborn after major abdominal surgery.

The main reasons I would consent to a cesarean are uterine infection, uterine prolapse, cord prolapse, transverse lay, placenta previa, footling breech, true fetal distress. Other then that it would greatly depend on the circumstances, how close to birth I am, and what my instincts say.

May 27th, 2009, 02:36 PM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Neither of my prior deliveries were via c-section. I pray that this one is vaginal as well, but sometimes that is totally out of your control.

May 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been able to avoid c-sections with my first three PGs. I am hoping to deliver vaginally again. But, if necessary for the baby, I'd do it. And, yes, I'd be scared. No indications that I'll need one this time around, but, I know things can change when you are AMA (especially over 40).

May 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
I had a vaginal delivery with Robert and I will never do it again. This one will be a c-sections. and it will be at 37 weeks. I am not going to lose another baby.
May 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
mine wasn't "scheduled" really.... I had planned on a vag. delivery but Pre E was WAY out of control and Katie was breech and was not going to budge !

things got bad @ 37 weeks for me, and I was sent to the hospital from my dr.s office and that was THAT !

May 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an emergency c-section with my son because I was running a high fever and would not dilate, I had a vaginal delivery with my daughter and she was born still. I did feel physically better after the vaginal delivery, but I didn't find the c-section that bad. As long as I didn't do anything that pulled on the stitches, I was fine. For me, I don't think I could handle the stress of worrying about a cord accident or any other the other things that could go wrong with a vaginal delivery. I will have a repeat c-section for several reasons, but the most important is my inability to handle the stress.

May 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be having a schedule c-section. I had to have one with Wyatt. They induced me because he was running of fluid and wasn't moving around much. They broke my water at noon (which had meconium) i was already dilated to 2 at that point. And by 9 at night I was only at 5. The dr. was concerned because of the meconium and that I had only dilated 3 more cm. in 9 hours. I didn't think it was that bad. I hated the epidural though. I don't like not having control over my legs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search