? for BTDT Moms

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have sugestions to help with babies that have their days and nights mixed-up. For the third night in a row I've gotten about 2 hrs sleep because Cecil is WIDE awake all night long - Mostly between the hrs of 12am - 6am. If someone doesn't hold him he cries! Any help would be great!!

The only thing that really calms him right now is rocking him while reading him stories.
May 28th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Alex was the same way, so I'm sorry you have to deal with it. When we talked to the doctor she recommended that when we feed him during the day to feed him only with his diaper on and then at night time to feed him with clothes so that he is comfortable and will fall asleep. Also, she told us to feed him less time during the day and a big one at night before gong to bed. This actually did help him and sooner than later, he knew day from night but it did take a while. You could try this and see if it helps, hopefully some of the other girls have more advise.

May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of mine were like that, I tried to keep them up more in the day and at night I did my best not to stimulate them much at night. It took a week but they started sleeping more at night and not wanting to play.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
Elizabeth was the same way, but I don't remember how long it lasted. (it is all a haze.....lol) I don't think it was too long though. It was pretty impossible to keep her awake more during the day, so we just waited it out. I remember there were lots of pampers commercials on around the 2am hour. Good luck!

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
May 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only had one that did that...Joey, our first, had his days and nights mixed up. I really don't remember doing anything different. He kind of grew out of it. I know my neighbor was told to keep the stimulus down to a minimum in the middle of the night. She was told to keep the lights low, don't turn on the TV, keep your voice quiet, etc... I don't remember if it worked or not (but then again, I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning either ) It's a good thing your baby is so dang cute! It makes the night shift a little easier... I hope your little cutie figures out night time is for sleeping soon!

May 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you breastfeeding? If so try and get some cluster feeding in late in the day. At that age I nursed him at 5...7:30....9....and then 10:30 most nights. It helped but he still woke up to eat every 2-3 hours but wasn't awake... just went back to sleep. Also skip night time diaper changes when at all possible. Once we stopped that we all get a lot more sleep. Unless he pooped or was busting out of the diaper he didn't get changed.

Good luck I hope you get some sleep soon

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the advice....I am breastfeeding right now, and have tried to wake him durung the day, but after I wake him, he wants to eat, and a full belly makes him sleepy. I tried to use a binkie today when he was crying though, and he took to it pretty well. I'll try the cluster feeding at night too and see how it goes.
May 29th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Well, Cecil slept through most of the night last night (up 2X for feeding)!

I let him co-sleep with me all night and he was very peaceful. I tried to put him in his bassinette after each feeding and he was fussy, but once he was able to lay right next to me, he was off in dream land.

I think that I will continue to try and use the bassinette, but I might go and buy one of the co-sleepers now. I got GREAT sleep last night, and he was a happy little boy!!
May 29th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Connor was like this. I ended up co-sleeping a lot (although I didn't want to), but he slept through the night at 8 weeks. I started (out of desperation) giving him a bottle of formula at around 11pm. It takes longer to digest, so I got one decent stretch before he would wake to eat (about 4hrs). I'm not recommending that per se, especially since some babies won't take formula, but I know it helped me. Connor wouldn't let you put him down until he was really out for the count. We used to have to rock him for about 2 hrs (it would take an hour to get him to sleep, and another hour to get him deeply asleep), or he would wake up when I put him in the bassinet. He slept the first part of the night in the bassinet and the rest of the night in our bed. He had this same 'getting to sleep' trouble right up until we sleep trained him at 6 months. I'm not sure if any of that helps. Good luck.

May 29th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam, Alex was the same for the first couple of weeks, he would only sleep with us in bed, so we ended up giving up on putting him in his pack n' play and putting him in bed with us, it's great, I love it. But....my whole point was to ask you if you have a boppy pillow, we have one and that's what we use in bed for him, we put him in it and it prevents both of us from rolling over. If you have one, try using it and see if it works, just a suggestion.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search