proof that the freaking out doesn't really ever stop w/ PAL - updated

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I was in the hospital with my kidney issues I was itching non-stop. I believed that it was from the pain meds because when I got drugs in Dec I also itched. I was also told in ER the first night that some of my liver function tests came back abnormal. I later asked doc about it and he said that with all my body is going through it could be any number of things and the real worry is PreE, but since I don't have high blood pressure he isn't concerned. Fast forward to last night.....I woke up at 4 am itching up a storm....we're talking non-stop, can't sleep, itching everywhere, especially my palms and soles of feet. I can't sleep so I google (I know, I know) severe itching. First thing to come up is some rare thing called ICP or OC where the main symptom is itching (especially on palms and soles of feet) and usually starts in the the third trimester. I read on....it is a liver problem and has abnormal liver function results on blood tests!! Also, dark urine, which I also have, but mine has of course been attributed to the kidney stuff. Potential dangers of the disease - STILLBIRTH!! Now I'm freaking out. Luckily I have a doc appointment at 10 today. Doc will, of course, think I'm crazy. But they've been itching (haha) to induce since all this kidney stuff started so they might just say "lets induce."

Maybe I am crazy. I'll keep you posted.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008

Last edited by kellyanne; May 29th, 2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: update
May 29th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is scary. I hope everything is fine. KUP.

May 29th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is why we should never google stuff, and no matter what we always do
Well I hope you have a good doc appointment and no scary stuff. OMG! I just realize that you are almost there, 12 more days!

May 29th, 2009, 09:09 AM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heck, I hope they induce. I mean, especially if it will stop the itching. And you'd have a baby for the weekend!

May 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Well, I had been hoping to avoid induction and get a nice natural birth. BUT....it seems as if my body is turning on me! Now I think I'm ready to just do it. I've done pit w/o pain meds before, so providing my kidney pain stays away I might be able to pull it off.

May 29th, 2009, 09:13 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'd be freaking out too Kelly. I hope the doc appt goes well. Maybe they'll induce and you'll get to feeling better all the way around with your healthy baby. Please KUP. I'll keep you in my prayers.

May 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly,
Goodness -- it just can't be easy, can it. I say go with your instinct. If you and your Dr. want to go with induction, I say go for it. Like you said, induction doesn't absolutely mean you can't have an unmedicated birth. And, even if you decide to go medicated, I think it's all good too. The important thing is Juliana coming into this world (and your beautiful family) as a healthy child. Keep us posted.

May 29th, 2009, 10:22 AM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I hope your doctor's appointment goes well! Google is bad, but it is hard to stay away.

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
May 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Googling will get you into trouble. I made that mistake when I was first dignosed with PPCM, my cardiologist gave me good advice ask a Dr questions before you Google medical problems the information could be VERY outdated plus any idiot can put something on a website..

(((HUGS)))
I will keep you and baby girl in my prayers.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 29th, 2009, 10:34 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to let you know that I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with Wyatt. It was horrible. It was in my last 2 or 3 weeks prior to him coming. My palms and soles would itch like crazy. And so did my legs. I too googled and read the same thing. I talked to the dr.'s and they told me they could refer me to a dermatologist Anyway....I just wanted to let you know he turned out okay
May 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
aww Kelly, like you haven't been through enough now itching that's non-stop? That would drive me crazy...and we always breakdown and Google, even when we know we shouldn't! I would raise it with your doctor - at worst, he'll think you're a little crazy (but you can blame the sleepless nights itching!) but should be able to explain why he isn't concerned about the rare problem. And I agree with PP on the induction - go with your instinct if you think the timing is right now, then we'll all start sending you ELVs for the weekend!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Any upate? You poor thing. Constant itching must be driving you crazy! I'm hoping the doctor has answers, and if one of the answers is induction, then I'm sending you ELVS! Please let us know how things are going as soon as you can! I can't believe you've had to go through all of this...

May 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well, I didn't even have to tell the doc about my googling. She brought it up first, before she even knew about the liver tests. When I told her about them she called to get them from the hosp and they couldn't be found. So, I spent the afternoon in the hospital getting retested and having an NST. Baby is doing good. Liver tests came back abnormal, again. They started talking about all sorts of other things: gall bladder stones, pre-e, etc but eventually decided that Chloestatis of Pregnancy, which basically means Jaundice caused by pregnancy was most likely. I won't know for sure for a week, but they want to induce starting Sunday night. I'll be worried about LO until then because, rarely, this can be bad for baby. If, in a week, it comes back that it isn't this rare jaundice thing.....then its back to the gall bladder because something is def. wrong to make my liver results the way they are.

Seriously, what are the odds? My body is getting a failing grade at being pregnant.

May 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
WOW, Sunday.
I am glad she is on top of things, you have a very good Dr. I know what you mean about your body failing at pregnancy just hang in there. Do you have anyone to update for you? I can't wait to know how baby girl is doing.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh wow! My sister always breaks out into rashes/itching when she's pregnant. But I'm glad your doctors are on top of it. It all sounds scary!

So I hope all goes well on Sunday!

May 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So are you being induced this Sunday or next? I am confused. I am glad sheis definitely raki g good care of you. And the baby!

May 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM
The induction starts this Sunday evening w/ Cervidil. I'm actually really frustrated because she called to tell me that my levels are actually quite high, but she can't really say how high is bad, etc. If I lived in a bigger town, my induction would be NOW. But my hospital is booked and everyone on the list ahead of me is just as critical. I wish she wouldn't have called at all, but I suppose she is just doing her job. She offered me NSTs for the next two mornings, which I took her up on.

Brittanie - Apparently the lack of rash is the key in this one. Also, palms of hands and soles of feet itch more for some reason.

May 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kelly,
You and Juliana are in my prayers. I hope the NSTs will help you relax a little more as you wait until Sunday night. Maybe something will come up and you can get your induction earlier. ELVs for you. Sending you lots of HUGS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search