contractions are getting worse

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2009, 04:07 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
and im really struggling! they are not reg, just very frequent today and very painful.
they have eased a little tonight thankfully but if this is what im like now i really dont know how im going to cope when the time comes.
mark has been sent home with a flea in his ear tonight cos im so sick of hearing "is this it, are you in labour, do you want me to call the hospital?"
i dont suppose it helps that i picked something up today not realising how heavy it was and hurt my back but jeez, give me a break please body!!!
sorry girls but i had to moan somewhere and mark really doesnt understand. he just thinks its funny trying to get me to answer stupid questions in the middle of a contraction!
i keep telling myself to relax as there is a max of 50 days to go (they have assured me they wont let me go over my dates) but 50 days seems sooooooo long right now!
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
May 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel so bad for you! Are the contractions causing you to dilate? You still have some baking time to go! Hang in there. I know, easier said than done. And, Mark needs to behave or he's gonna have some mad JM mommies And now your back is hurt? You poor thing. KUP and know that you can ALWAYS vent here! Thinking of you and hoping you feel better!

May 30th, 2009, 05:58 PM
thanks hun
as far as we know (from last time) they are not making me dilate thankfully. i would go and get checked but my own midwife is off til thursday and the one i have been seeing is brushing everything off like its nothing (she is only concerned about baby being breech now)
mark is trying bless him (he even came in with a box of thorntons chocs for me earlier ) but as a man he will just never understand the pain pregnancy can cause. according to him if it was men going through it there would be no problems (coming from a man who freaks out when baby slowly turns around when he hugging me! )
i think with everythin that has happened and the pain im just over sensitive but sometimes i do wish i could just gag him (and any other person with comments )
well thankfully i havent had a contraction in 40 mins (longest break all day!) so im going to try and get some sleep before baby or daughter wake up! lol
xxx

May 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
May 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My husband freely admits that if men had to have babies, they'd only ever have one. He has a hard time just seeing me be pregnant/deliver.

Anyway, I'm glad that you sent Mark away. He needs to behave himself.

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I know the last couple of weeks I was pregnant I was doing that, but it was only a couple weeks, not, what, 7 1/2 more? Geeze. >_< Thoughts and prayers to you honey!

May 30th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh man, i hope it doesn't last the entire time. is it real labor or just bh? they shouldn't be painful then if they're bh right?

May 31st, 2009, 03:20 AM
thanks girls.
no BH shouldnt be painful and with my history (real and strong contractions for 3 weeks with louie and i was stuck in hospital being monitored but they were doing nothing!) they believe they are the real thing again.
i think i got 2 hours sleep last night but so far this morning ive only had one bad one. heres hoping im going to get a nice restful day!
xx

May 31st, 2009, 04:42 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Sarah, that little bugger of yours is really giving you a run for your money
And men.....they just have no clue.
I hope the contractions ease up a bit so you can at least get a few naps in today.

May 31st, 2009, 09:14 AM
..Red..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarah, I think you've had more things to worry about than anyone this pregnancy. I hope you can get some rest and the contractions slow and maybe stop soon!

May 31st, 2009, 10:08 AM
i think my baby is just reminding me how much i wanted this and letting me know i am defo unable to go through it again lol.
still, at least we know it will all be worth it soon enough.
xx

May 31st, 2009, 10:20 AM
.x~KAT~x.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to .x~KAT~x.
im so sorry your having it so tough! hugs x
May 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I`m sorry, Sarah. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you can get some rest. Men just don`t understand, and sometimes I question how hard they try. DH doesn`t understand why I am tired all the time. He says that I`m `not even big yet`, so he doesn`t understand or sympathize. Ugh.

May 31st, 2009, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
Doesn't suck when your body let's you know you've had enough pray you make it at least 3-4 more weeks.ey give you anything to stop the contractions?

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

May 31st, 2009, 04:37 PM
they wont give me anything as there is a risk due to the meds im on for epilepsy.
when they scanned me they did say that "if i go early, there isnt really too much they need to do now apart from injections for babies lungs as s/he is very well developed" whatever that means.
much as i would love to be rid of all this pain, i would still like to hold on a few more weeks for my own peace of mind.
xx

May 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i feel so bad. i'm sorry i hope they stop so you can get some rest.
i guess in reality 50 dasys isnt long. but it sure feels like its an eternity. especially in your case.
i hopethese next 50 days fly by for you
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

June 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of huggs Sarah! I hope your pain eases soon!!
June 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry hun.... I hope the contractions go away

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search