Pregnant after a D & C

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
ocmorrishome's Avatar Regular
Hello Ladies,
I was just wondering if any one every had a D & C and got pregnant before having a menstral cycle?
I had 3 miscarriages and this last one I had a D & C (which I was so glad I did) on Jan. 04 '06. Then on Jan. 24 I went to my follow up visit and my Dr. did a blood test and called me and told me that the test came back negative (which was good). I didn't have a period in February. I decided to do a pregnancy test two days ago because I have not had a cycle and I feel really tiried. The test came back positive. Now I have no idea how far along we are. An I have no other pregnancy symtoms. This is just crazy. With my other pregnancies I was sick from the start.
I have had two normal pregnancies -- then a miscarriage--- then a normal pregnancy---- then two miscarriages....

Thank you

Olivia
February 25th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Veteran
My doctor said I certainly could try again right after my D&C, but that it would be harder dating the pregnancy without a prior period to base it on. I ended up waiting for the one cycle, then immediately got pregnant.

My friend got pregnant right after her D&C without a cycle first. Her son was fine!

MM
February 26th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Might be off topic but after the D & C the pregnancy hormone is not detected right? I didn't know, i didn't have to have one after mine...I still showed up positive after the miscarriage but i wasn't preg.
that is good that you have conceived so quick it is a wonder how fast miracles work!

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
February 26th, 2006, 06:47 PM
ocmorrishome's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Might be off topic but after the D & C the pregnancy hormone is not detected right? I didn't know, i didn't have to have one after mine...I still showed up positive after the miscarriage but i wasn't preg.
that is good that you have conceived so quick it is a wonder how fast miracles work![/b]
Yes, I am going to say if I go full term with this baby it will be a miracle. An since my pregnancies are considered high risk I go to a high risk Dr. He has been great. An we do now that this last time my blood work came back negative. So I am sure that the pregnancy test is correct (it's pos.). But you are right about the test showing up pos. after a miscarriage. I can be wrong but you see that more with the miscarriages that you pass naturally and you didn't have a D&C.

Thank you

Olivia
February 26th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant before my first period. We weren't trying, happened by mistake. Pullout method didn't work this time. Unfortunately, my story doesn't have a happy ending. I have had 4 diagnosed m/cs no children. My latest is 12/19/05 & then on 2/11/06. I thought my pregnancy was just crazy, I was like this had to be immaculate conception.
February 27th, 2006, 08:49 AM
hopin4a4rth
I hope all goes well w/ this pregnancy & you have a miracle baby like you said!! I had 2 D&C's last year, but had at least 1 cycle before we started ttc again.
March 2nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
polbilly's Avatar Super Mommy
i lost my first two pg the first was a tubal pregnancy and the 2nd was a miscarriage. i miscarried on the 5th of june and found out i was pg the 28th of june im now due to be induced in a week so its very possible to get pg that quick and have a healthy pg after lossing 2 best of luck to your!

April 30, Miscarriage
april 29, 16 dpo beta 7
april 27, 14 dpo beta 13.5
april 25, 12 dpo beta 8.5
April 24, 11dpiui BFP
april 13, 2014 iui#1.
Feb 2014, TTC #3
Madyson Renee born 7-23-2009
Dec 3rd first ultrasound HEARTBEAT and ALL!!!!!
Clomid and IUI cycle 1st cycle BFP Beta 17.63 @ 10dpiui
TTC 18 months Laprascopy 8-19-2008
Jackson James Born 3-8-2006
Miscarriage at 5 weeks 6-13-2005
Ectopic feb 14, 2005

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search