31 Week Pic & question about induction

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 07:41 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies. Just had a question about induction....I know there are many many opinions about this and I don't want to start a debate, I am just curious .Did anyone choose to be induced after 38 weeks or did you wait it out? My dr said that if things look ok that he would induce anytime after 38 weeks. I know alot of dr do this for convience and he is trying to force me either way but we live about an hour and a half away from the hospital, my parents live about 4 hours away and I want to make sure that My dr is the one that delivers Savanah. I dont' want someone that I have never met before. Once again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just curious if anyone has done the induction without medical necessity and if so, how was your experience?

Also, here is a 31 week pic.....

June 1st, 2009, 08:52 AM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose to be induced with my last at 37.5 weeks. I wanted my doc to be the one who delivered and I wanted my DH home with me. He is active duty and that is the only way to guarantee his being there. Everything went fine. I am also being induced with this baby at 37.5 days. We live 2 hours away from the hospital. I want to make sure I make it there. They are doing an amnio prior because it is before 38 weeks. I am sure your doc will make sure you are ready for induction. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I have been induced 3 times total. 2 were for preeclampsia and the last for the reasons listed above. All the babies were healthy and spent no extra time at the hospital.

Randie

June 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never been induced just wanted to say that you look super cute!
June 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
I have never been induced just wanted to say that you look super cute!
Awe thank you. I appreciate that. I have actually felt really great for the most part through the entire pregnancy. I have loved it. I just hope the end of the pregnancy is the same as it has been.

June 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenn you look great! and very happy.
I think that if your Dr and you are on the same page it will be fine to induce.

June 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never been induced either, I just wanted to say that you look great, you're a hot mama!

June 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with my first due to preeclampsia. With my second I went naturally. With my third I went "both"...I know, that doesn't make sense. But, I was in labor, but, whenever I drank anything, labor would stop. I happened all night. So, in the morning, they helped labor along with pitocin. I'm not sure if that's considered induced or not. I'd like to go naturally this time, but, I'm also saying that at 20 weeks, not 40 We'll see. I think induction is fine. There are many reasons for it and doctors know when it can/should be used.

You really do look fantastic, by the way! You have that "glow" that I never get... lucky! And, the wood paneling in that room makes it look so "warm and inviting"...

June 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've been induced every time. With Cora, because we knew she was gone. With Erin, because I couldn't go past the time I lost Cora (38w). With Patrick I tried to wait it out. I really did. But after a week of nightmares...I just couldn't emotionally take it anymore.

With Erin it was pretty easy. I got a foley catheter put in at 9pm (a water balloon that fills to 2 cm put in your cervix to dilate you), and was given an ambien. At 4am, the foley came out and I was 4cm dilated and they started the pit. At 7am I was 7cm and they broke my water, and I got my epi. Erin was born at 8:48am.

With Patrick is was more drawn out than that. MUCH longer labor. He just wouldn't drop so I wouldn't dilate. I don't know if being induced rather than going into labor naturally had anything to do with that.

Obviously, there are risks. Talk to your doctor in depth about things that can go wrong. But, of course, even going into labor naturally isn't without risks.

And I agree with Sabina, you're so cute!

June 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I have was not induced, emergency c sectioner here @ 37 weeks....
you do what is best for you and your baby.....
you do look wonderful !!

June 2nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks ladies. I have been thinking about all this for a while now but since the time is getting closer, it makes me worry. I just want to make sure Savanah is healthy and ready. I don't want to jeopordize her health in any way and I know things can happen either way it goes. I have an appt this morning so I plan on talking to the dr and getting some answers to some questions and hopefully he can put my mind at ease. I just can't believe it's so close to time. I know I still have about 7 weeks left at the earliest but it seems like I just found out that I was pregnant. Thanks again for your responses. I'll post an update when I get back from the dr this afternoon. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

June 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There has been tons of research proving that elective induction carries a lot more risk for babies before 39 weeks. Your gut is also clearly telling you not to do it by your last post, and a mother's intuition is a strong indicator of how good or bad an idea is.

June 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
*Pamela*
I was induced with Ethanael at 39 weeks due to no movement. I always feel it's best for baby to bake as long as possible unless there is a reason to have her out. But you have to do what you feel is best for you and baby. I'm sure all will work out.

I have missed you girly....you look fabulous. I can't believe how close you are!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search