Doctor's appt. and ultrasound tomorrow

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday. My own doctor is away, so I saw someone I've never seen before. First the nurse did my chart, so I was put through the past history questions. "What pregnancy is this". Fourth. "How many live births?" One. "And the other two?" One stillbirth, one ruptured ectopic.... So many questions. Ugh. Then the doctor came in and told me he had been looking over my file, and that I was a very complicated case. I am now obsessing over the meaning of this. Does this mean I am high risk? He told me I was due for some good luck, and to just keep focusing on that. Really, he was a very nice man, but I am glad to have my doctor back for my next appointment. Going over the same painful ground is just getting old, if you know what I mean.
I have my IPS (I think it is the same as nuchal testing) ultrasound. I am extremely nervous. I just want a healthy baby, but at this point I am starting to feel like that will never happen for me. I haven't told anyone about the pregnancy, and I won't let dh tell anyone. He's told me that it is stupid to wait, but I want to at least get through this ultrasound first. I keep waiting for the stress and worry to ease off a bit, but it hasn't happened yet. I keep telling myself to just get past this milestone and it will be OK, but then there is just another milestone to get past. Was it like this for the rest of you? Does it ever get easier?

June 4th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Laurie, I'm so sorry you're worrying like this... and, yes, I have been the same way. First I thought if I saw the h/b after 8 wks (when we lost our little one) I'd be fine. Then I thought 10 wks. Then I thought 12 weeks. It's starting to get better for me now...at 21 wks, but, I think part of PAL is worrying. That's why we all have eachother to vent to I hope your appointment goes well. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little one. Everything is going to go great! Update us as soon as you can. I'll say a little prayer for you!

June 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laurie,
I'm sorry you are so scared right now. I certainly remember that feeling. I can say that with each milestone it does get a little easier, but I don't think that any of us ever fully stop worrying. Keep us posted after your appt and u/s tomorrow. Sending you tons of calming vibes.

June 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got back from the ultrasound. Everything seems to be good. The tech said it's a girl, but it is still an early scan, so I will wait for confirmation at 18 weeks. I am much relieved. So, shall I make the next scan my next milestone? LOL. I can't stop smiling.

June 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great. So glad the scan went well. One day at a time -- that's how we do it in PAL.

June 6th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Laurie that's fantastic honey! It must be such a relief I thought it was too early to tell what gender? what type of scan was it? Again congratulations

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
June 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im glad you had a great ultrasound hun! And I think worrying is a part of PAL that never really goes away sadly, I thought I would be ok when I passed the point of my latest loss, but I am now almost 25 weeks and I still worry. I just take it one day at a time x

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 6th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Laurie. that is awesome news. And it's possibly a little girl? How exciting! I think you should take one little milestone at a time. It will break up what seems to be such a long time! Seeing good results at 12 weeks is phenomenal! Yay!!!!

I am soooo excited for you! I am hoping you feel better after yesterday's appointment. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Hey....I just thought of this.... Do you have any pictures you can share? Gotta love the u/s pics!

June 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, everyone! I do feel better. I am starting to get an inkling of an idea that I might just get to bring this bean home. I do have pictures, and I will try to remember to post them. Right now DH is on the PC and I am on my laptop, so I will try to scan them when he is done. I did a little research, and apparently they are pretty accurate at getting the gender right this early. My ticker says I am 12w 5d, but both u/s say I am 13w/5d, so according to my research the assessment should be about 95% accurate at this point. I was really surprised to learn that, since I thought it would be too early. Either way, I will wait for confirmation at my u/s.

June 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything went well. I heard that you can tell the gender early if it's a girl, it might just be a old wife tale, have anyone heard t his before?
Congrats on being a girl! I hope they are accurate.

June 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a great u/s!! YAY!! I hope the u/s tech was right and you get your little girl!!
I'm glad you are feeling better too...worring is something that never really goes away....even after your lo is born, it's just a different kind of worry then. I will hope and pray that this is a completely uneventful pg for you and that your lo is safe and sound. Hugs!!
June 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that your scan went well and glad you have a smile on your face. One day at a time, that's how we get through. Before you know it your next scan will be here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search