New on this side and scared

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first pregnancy after my loss. I lost my first baby at 17 weeks, a little girl. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through and now here I am barely pregnant again and it is SOO hard to be calm and not freak. I feel normal, have symptoms just scared. Praying really hard for a healthy baby. The anxiety never goes away does it?

June 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
tobynscarlett's Avatar TTCAL Co-Host
As you already know, we have very similar stories. The anxiety will be better at times and worse at others. I spent the first 13 weeks just holding my breath and praying. Every Dr's appointment was so hard to go to. Finally I broke down and rented a doppler (after I was sure I could hear the HB) and that has done wonders!!! I listen to the HB at least 2x's a day (but not obsessively- usually in the morning and just before bed). You will get to that point soon, but until then I will be thinking about you and praying for you!! I am so happy you are pregnant again!

Special thanks to Marie "IBakeBoys08" for my beautiful siggy!!

June 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! You're here! I'm so glad! Heather is right... the anxiety will be worse at times than others. But, you'll find that as you progress, things will get a little easier. The ladies on this board have been remarkable. They have listened and they are a wealth of knowledge and support. Plus, you'll know a bunch of them from TTCAL, so I hope you feel comfortable venting, asking questions, posting, etc...
I am soooo excited for you! Congratulations on your new little miracle. I'll say a little prayer for you to have a happy and healthy nine months. And, if you need anything, we're here.

June 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! Well I can't say that it goes away, I think I was anxious until Alex was born. What I can say is that it gets easier with each milestones. The girls here are wonderful and extremely supportive.

June 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1

im sorry for your loss but congrats on your pregnancy.
i wish i could say the fear goes away. i thought i would feel better after passing the stage i had my losses but sadly that hasnt happened. i am 34 weeks and still have the fears. they are not as strong as they used to be but certainly still there.
thankfully when things get too much i have these wonderful ladies to turn to for love and support
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
June 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy, that is so exciting!!! I am very sorry for your loss.
being pg after a loss is so hard, and your perspective on your pg is very different. I had quite a bit of anxiety too, but for me it got better after my loss date, and after having good ultrasounds at 20 weeks and 24 wks. Talking about my fears really helped too, and the girls on this site are the best for being very kind and supportive. Can't wait to get to know you more.
June 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, welcome and congrats on your little one!

I understand your fears too. I also rented a doppler and it has been so great. I have good moments and fearful ones, and the fearful ones just make me bring out the doppler. Until I was at that point I did worry all the time...I guess it will never go away.

I know my doctor was really good about giving me lots of appts. during my first few weeks. That really helped me. Also hitting my loss date and passing it was a big help. Now I'm waiting for movement...SO can't wait for that!!

Many thoughts and prayers with you!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

June 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Hi Sue! Big hugs! Welcome over to this board! Nothing will make you feel totally better until you hold a live full term squirming baby, so for now all we can offer is an ear (eye? ) and cyber hugs.

June 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to say I lost my 2nd baby today

June 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry. Words are not enough. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs
June 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
blue daisy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no Sue. O God, this is so cruel. I wish you all the strength in the world. Please find yourself a miscarriage support forum. This saved my life, literally. I was so depressed, and still am riddled with anxiety and negativity in fear of losing this one too. You have to surround yourself with women who understand you and every emotion you will go through. I am sooo soory. xoxoxoxo
June 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
No F***in Way! Life is so friggin' unfair sometimes! I'm so sorry! Big hugs!

June 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry hun

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 9th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search