I'm so sad

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
Hi ladies....I really need your prayers, My spirit is so broken right now. On feb 16th I did my U/S and was so happy to see our baby and the beating heart beat. I notice the the tech put a A over the fetus and I never really thought anything of it, anyway I asked her the baby's h/b and she said it was 157bmp which is good for 8 weeks. Last friday I got a referral letter for me to get a Level 2 u/s and it gave me a number I should call, so I was like why did I get this letter when I just had my u/s. So I called my doctor's office and left a message asking if there was a problem...anyway the medical assistant called me back and said my doctor won't be in until monday. So she called me today and told me that the U/S showed that I might have been pregnant with twins but one is a molar pregnancy but the other fetus is fine. I was shocked and hurt at the same time...what if I didn't call? would she have called abd explain the u/s findings with me?. I just don't know what to do...it seems like I've been cursed and that all the bad pregnancy complications have to happen to me from missed abortions to blighted ovum and now a viable fetus with a molar twin...I'm happy that the next baby is doing fine but it's just that if I don't ask for certain things from the doctor they'll probably keep it from me. Next tuesday I have my level 2 ultrasound and I'm hoping it's not a molar pregnancy so ladies please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

wanting,but waiting (sigh)
February 27th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i hope you're little twins are fine. my doctor is the same way too

</div>

</div>
February 27th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
I think they are all that way.... unfortunately. They don't realize that things are so much harder after you have had problems with pregnancies, in trying not to raise red flags... they just keep us paranoid about everything. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>
February 28th, 2006, 06:47 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bleh, I'm sorry that happened. When they found out something was wrong in my first pg during the U/S, they had to doc come down and observe it. So, I was told right then and there what was wrong. I can not imagine if I had gone home thinking nothing was wrong. Maybe you should tell your doctor of your concern, just so it wont be as likely to happen to you or anyone else again. I hope your little one is alright.
February 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh!!! this makes me furious. I am so sorry you are having to go through this it is unfair and down right hurtful. I hope that during your level 2 you have good news. Blessings B
February 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe that in pg there isn't more sensitivity training. I can hardly think of another time in your life where you need more compassion. It really irks me. So far, my RE is awesome, but I got really neglectful treatment from my Ob before that - ans this was an offive of ALL women including the Dr. you'd think they would kow, and be used to it enough to be more understanding & kind. I will pray that you get better news at your next U/S. Sending love & wishes your way!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

February 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
aww wow that is awful. Thank goodness the other twin is doing just fine. Maybe the doctor wasjust going to discuss it with you at the next appointment. My doc will do that, I've never had any "news" for him to call and tell me, so we have all discussions during my visits. I never expect a call unless something is wrong. When is your lvl 2 scheduled. Good luck (((HUGS)))

If nothing else it shows that as moms to be we have to be the proactive ones, can't depend on docs and DEF not their staff to always keep us abreast of EVERYTHING.

I hope and pray that everything is fine with your baby Be sure to update!

*I misread something you said so I had to edit*

March 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
hopin4a4rth
Wow! I would be annoyed... I need to know everything that is going on and thankfully my midwives do tell us everything. Even the hard stuff when I was having my m/c's

I hope everything is ok w/ both babies.
March 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Veteran
Hi, I know u must be really parnoid. It was the same way with my doctor they missed out on telling me something, i had to really get on there back about my first preg. I guess some doctors are like that. I pray that ur twins will do just fine.

March 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you were treated that way. I hope your babies are ok and they keep you better informed next time. I would discuss this with your Dr. to make sure it doesn't happen again. Best wishes to you.
March 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
Thank you Ladies so much for your kind words.

I really hope all is fine but I'm happy just to know that one baby is Fine.God knows what is best. I'll keep you all updated.

wanting,but waiting (sigh)
March 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM
ocmorrishome's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Thank you Ladies so much for your kind words.

I really hope all is fine but I'm happy just to know that one baby is Fine.God knows what is best. I'll keep you all updated.[/b]

Wow I am sorry your having to go through this... I say when you go in and see your Dr. you let him/her know how you feel. I have been very blessed I have a Dr. that specializes in high risk pregnancies. An he does all of his own u/s's. An he will tell me right then. It's just like my last m/c he was not able to find the heart beat and he told me and my husband right then what he was looking for and what he was not able to find. Then before we left his office he had me secduled for a D & C the next morning (5:30am). As far as lab test his nurse calls me with in the next day. Or he schedules me to come in the next day.
You need to ask your friends and family about different ob's. An when you call ask them if the Dr. does his own u/s's. I personally like it when my ob does the u/s himself this way he can see what he is looking at and what he is looking for.

Hang in there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search