Had my midwife appointment today (x-posted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I just got back from my midwife appointment and I am not happy

First off, my midwife has received no word about the group B strep from the doctors at L&D who did the tests on me. So she have no record of that. She has written it in my notes incase anything was to happen but she said she will need to chase it up so it can be 'officially' recorded in my notes. Whatever that means.....

Anyway, I had traces of protein in my urine a few weeks ago, and I had more again today. So she wants to keep a close eye on that and my blood pressure.

On the plus side baby girl is measuring right on time and has a good heartbeat. But I just feel really crappy. I was given some stupid leaflet about group B strep and sent on my way and I have to return in a couple of weeks.

Ugh, I was hoping for a good, uneventful appointment today. But I left feeling really crappy about myself. Maybe its just hormones I dont know....but now I am freaking out about the protein

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you didn't have a great appointment. I wonder why none of the records regarding your Group B strep results are there. That's pretty disorganized and inefficient. Can you request results be sent to you so that you can take them to the midwife? Traces of protein can be normal, right? How is your bp? I had pre-eclampsia with my 1st PG, but, it only got bad after 37wks, so they induced me right away at 38 wks. I'm glad they're going to monitor you. You'll have to let us know how your next tests go. Thinking of you and hoping things get better

June 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you didn't have a great appointment. I wonder why none of the records regarding your Group B strep results are there. That's pretty disorganized and inefficient. Can you request results be sent to you so that you can take them to the midwife? Traces of protein can be normal, right? How is your bp? I had pre-eclampsia with my 1st PG, but, it only got bad after 37wks, so they induced me right away at 38 wks. I'm glad they're going to monitor you. You'll have to let us know how your next tests go. Thinking of you and hoping things get better

June 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah it is disorganised. I have no idea why they didnt send them either. But the midwife said she can access my results on the computer in the morning and add them next time I see her. But still - the hospital suck for being, well, sucky

I dont know what my blood pressure was but she said she was'nt worried about it. But because I have had protein 2 times in a row she wants to monitor it anyway just to be on the safe side.

June 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
i have protien in urine at EVERY appointment but as long as it isnt too much they just advise drinking more fluids

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
June 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((HUGS))
Add a extra glass of water a day can help with the protein. I have a trace at every visit, they don't worry unless it's 2+ or greater.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

June 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have traces of protien in my urine at nearly every appt. I believe they are are monitoring for pre-eclampsia which usually has SEVERAL symptoms (high blood pressure, swelling in hands and face, protein in urine, headaches). I think your midwife is just being careful. Don't let the protein worry you too much. Traces of protien are very, very common.

June 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
sorry it wasn't a great appt...hopefully the protein issue goes away (or at least doesn't get any worse). HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks ladies! I guess I was just extra hormonal yesterday because today I am fine lol

June 10th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your midwife get the results? I'm glad you are doing ok today, either way sorry it wasn't a great appointment.

June 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Im not sure Patty, she said she would call me if there was a problem, so I am guessing she got them ok. I will find out in a couple of weeks at my next appointment

June 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
sorry your appointment was not so great, hopefully you don't continue to have protein issues.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search