So Scared (x posted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Hey girls I just got home from the doctor, when i called about having a headache since sunday they had me come in, and my blood pressure is up allot ( 136/100) the first reading and after laying there for 30 minutes, they did not tell me the number just that it was higher, then they told me to go to the hospital for blood work( they said the hospital because they get the results quick) and I have to be back there tomorrow and specify that I must see a doctor and not a mid wife, and I am to sit with my legs propped this evening or lay down they prefer i go to bed, I am just so scared, with Caleb I had high bp but not until around 36 weeks

June 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! I hope you're laying down. I know when my bp went up with my first, they had me lay on my left side. You'll have to let us know how the doctor appointment goes tomorrow. Luckily, you're catching it early and they can get you some answers. Please keep us posted. I'll be saying a little prayer for you and your lo! Update as soon as you can! We're thinking about you!

June 9th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks and yep laying around as much as possible, unfortunately i can't get ahold of dh and mil is busy so I have a very hyper 3 year old on my hands

June 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not one to put in videos unnecessarily for the kiddos, but, this is an emergency! Grab a video and put it in! Dora? Handy Manny? Blue's Clues? Hanna MOntana? Veggie Tales? (I'm not sure what younger kids are watching these days....I'm gonna find out soon, though ) Desperate times call for desperate measures. How are you feeling? Is the headache still there?

June 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Yep headache is still here, and feels worse everytime I move, I am thinking i am going to find his spongebob dvd so maybe he will watch it, I so wish my sister hadn't moved to AL, thanks for the support it means allot

June 10th, 2009, 05:55 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh how scary Vicki...hopefully with some rest you can bring your bp down (and shake the headache too).. Are you feeling any better today? thinking about you...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 10th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
Thoughts and prayers for you.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

June 10th, 2009, 06:24 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything is ok hun. How are you feeling today?

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 10th, 2009, 08:11 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm thinking of you. Please kup

June 10th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing today?
I also wanted to say that for me it's been the opposite. every time I have a headache my bp drops to the floor. Do you still have the headache? Drink lots of fluids, it will help with the headache.

Last edited by Pitridge; June 10th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.
June 10th, 2009, 08:23 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Vicki- I'm so sorry! Are you taking care of yourslef good? Drinking water is especially important, as is not stressing (easier said then done). I hope you're doing well! you're in my T&P.

June 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing today? I hope your headache had eased up quite a bit. Hugs to you.
June 10th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hey girls, thanks for your concern, and yep the headache is still here, the doc says it should go away when the meds start working!
Well I went back to the doctor today, and had my bp rechecked and it's still high 140/94 so today I start taking blood pressure medicine and continue for the duration of the pregnancy, I go next week to see if the meds are helping and to be put on a machine that gives them an idea of what medicine is best(the machine was not working today so he just gave me the safest/most used medicine) my bloodwork last night was fine which is great so at least it's not affecting the baby negatively yet, I am still scared, and feel so awful feel like it's because I am overweight. I have to see a dietician friday because he wants me to cut down sodium and not gain any more weight the whole pregnancy. so that's my update, I am trying to not be scared and to think positive but it's still scary, my official diagnosis right now is gestational hypertension

June 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad it was caught early. I hope the meds help and your headache goes away. I will keep you in my t&p.

June 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the meds help and that the headache goes away. Have you try to lay down in a cool dark place with an icepack on your forehead?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search