40w appt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my 40 week appointment today. Right before I got there, my midwife got called to the hospital for a birth, so I never saw the midwife. I only saw the nurse. We did the NST (passed with flying colors), standard urine test, blood pressure check and weight check. The midwife still wasn't back yet, so the nurse told me she would have the midwife call me first thing in the morning. If the midwife feels the need to SEE me, I will go back in again tomorrow, but I had already decided that I didn't want her to do an internal check because it just makes me 2nd guess as to when this baby is coming. (That is of course unless she has some other need to check me.) I do need to talk to her tomorrow though because we have to officially schedule induction for next week. I'm not exactly sure how that process works for the hospital I will be delivering at, so I have several questions for her regarding that. Other than that, I just get the sinking suspicion that unless my water breaks before scheduled induction, I will be getting induced. I just don't feel like my body knows how to start contractions on its own. (Maybe I'm just being crazy!) Anyway, I still don't feel DESPERATE yet to get her out, but I sure am anxious. I just keep taking it one more day at a time.

June 10th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
wow sorry you didn't get to see your midwife, and hopefully your labor will start on it's own, but otherwise hopefully they will get your induction scheduled and then you'll have a set date! you are far more patient than me, when i was like 38 weeks I had already become so very impatient to get Caleb out, but it's great that your not that's the better way to be.

June 10th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you didn't get to see the midwife, but, it sounds like the appointment went well You're a very patient mom. I'd be going nuts right now. (yeah, I'm not so patient) Should I hope that your water breaks? Just let me know what kind of vibes you need I'll send em! Healthy baby vibes are already on the way Keep us posted!

June 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Water breaking labor vibes coming your way!

IF they induce you ask them for Cervadil NOT Cytotec. Cervadil is FDA approved... Cytotec is not and from everything I read is nasty stuff

I can't wait to see baby pics soon! Easy labor water breaking vibes going your way.....

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

June 11th, 2009, 01:48 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry you didnt get to see your midwife hun, but im glad your appointment went well!

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight
June 11th, 2009, 05:04 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sucks that you didn't see your midwife!! I hope she can answer your questions when you see her and that you don't need to be induced!

June 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you did not get to see your midwife, but it sounds like everything is still going ok. I'm sending you labor vibes your way. I hope that they don't have to induce you and that you will go into labor on your own, have you tried running or having sex?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search