Prayers needed for my Grandma, please

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Well, last weekend my 84 year old grandma fell in church. She can only walk with a walker and she fell trying to get up off the pew and broke her right arm. So, now it's in a sling and she can't use a walker anymore. Well, last week she started having to wear diapers all the time, because she can't control her bm. She can't stand up, her legs just give out. So, there she sits in a wheel chair all day long with her arm in a sling. She said she just doesn't "feel right". They aren't sure if maybe she's had a stroke or something. She goes to the dr tomorrow to see what they have to say. My grandpa called my dad (who's retired) and asked him to come stay with them and help him out. Grandpa NEVER asks for help, so this is a big step for him to ask. My dad has a brother and a sister who both work. So, no my dad will be living with them during the week and the others will come take over on the weekend. Well, dh took me to see them yesterday, just in case. I've had a bad feeling about her health for a few weeks now and didn't know why. She looked horrible! It made me so sad to see her like that. Anyway, please pray for her. If God thinks it's time for her to go, I want her to go peacefully. KWIM? Also, please pray that my dad will have the patience to deal with all this. He is NOT patient at all. Anyway, sorry this was so long. Thanks so much!

June 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohh Michelle, I'm so sorry....It's so hard to see them like this, I'll you your grandma in my t&p. I'm going through something similar right now, so I know how hard this might be for you. My mom is the one that takes care of my grandma , and I found out that our parents seem to pull out patience out of somewhere when it comes to their parents, do I make sense? You'll see, you dad will be fine, he will complaint a lot, but he'll do fine. I hope your grandma gets better and recovers soon. Once that arm is heal, she'll probably have to do some physical therapy, dh grandma had to do the same thing. I'm here for you. Lots of HUGS going your way.

June 15th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle -- I'm sorry your family is going through this difficult time. It is so hard to see our loved ones get old and frail. Call and visit her as much as you can. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

June 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard to see the ones we love get older and feel ill. It sounds like your family is really pulling together to help them. That is really wonderful. I know your dad will have the patience to deal with this, and, if the patience falters? That's OK. It's who he is If he shows toooo much patience, they'll know something's up I admire him for being there during this very tough time. I hope your grandma recovers soon and feels better. Please let us know what the doctors say...hopefully they'll have some answers and good news. thinking of you all...

June 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
michelle hunny im so sorry you and your family are going through this
sending you lots of love and prayers
xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
June 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Youll be in my prayers sweetheart. Im so sorry your family is going through this.

June 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Michelle. You and your family are in my T&P's. HUGS!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
June 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I'm so sorry Michelle. You and your family are in my T&P's. HUGS

Angels in Heavan.
June 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Angels in Heavan.
June 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Angels in Heavan.
June 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any news from the doctor appt? How is grandma? And your dad?
June 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle, I am so sorry about your grandma, It is so hard seeing people you love suffer. I will pray for your grandmother's health, and for your dad's patients. Hugs.
June 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sending you and your family prayers for good health, happiness and patience!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search