My weekend-updated with pics

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Well, my brother who lives in Kentucky came down to visit this past week for the first time in 3 years. I haven't seen him since Haley was 1 1/2 yrs old. He's never seen Tyler and hasn't seen dh since we got married in '02. He's been re-married for 2 years and I've never met her or her children. Anyway, we all went to my dad's lake house on Saturday and bbq. My mom even came. (my parent's have been divorced for 20 years) SIL seems nice, just pretty lazy. She has an 8 yr old DD who Haley loved playing with and a 10 year old DS. My nephew is 15 years old now and taller than me It was really nice to all get together. I wish we could do it more often. My brother adored Tyler. He just couldn't stop playing with him. He didn't get to see Haley when she was a baby, so he was having fun playing uncle. I'll post some pics later.

Last edited by mom 2 haley & tyler; June 15th, 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added pics
June 15th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohh that almost brought tears to my eyes. How nice..........It sounds like a perfect time, I'm glad that all of you had a great time. And yeah, I want to see pictures
By the way, that's such a cute picture of Tyler.

Last edited by Pitridge; June 15th, 2009 at 09:22 AM.
June 15th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great that you were able to reconnect with your brother. Family is important (at least as long as the family gives you more positive "charges" than negative ones). So glad you guys had a great time. Can't wait to see pictures.

June 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a beautiful "reunion". And, I agree. You should do it more. It sounds like everyone got along and it could be a definite possibility. Glad things went well. And, who could resist playing with Tyler?!?!?!?! My son is now officially my height (although he claims he's taller). Isn't it amazing how big they get, so fast? And, Haley having a playmate must have been great for her. I hope you get to do it again soon.

June 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Thanks ladies! Here's some pics

Haley & Jenna (niece) playing

My brother and his wife (Jaime)

Nephew (Mason)

My brother and Tyler

Tyler-I love this pic

My babies and me

June 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG girl you look awesome!!!!!!!
Great pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time. It's funny to see all your of in summer clothes, here is why, because I live in so cal and I'm still wearing a jacket most of the day, and Alex is dressed top to bottom, cuz is still not all that hot

June 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haley is getting SO big! You guys look like you had a fabulous time together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search