41w appointment

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies,

I just got back from my 41w appointment. The appointment started with me seeing my midwife walking out the door on her way to l&d. She was only supposed to be one for 30 minutes. We went ahead and started as usual with an NST. The only thing is this time, we could not get her to move enough to pass the test. The left me on for 45 minutes and I was doing everything I could to get her to move around (juice, cold water, poking, shaking, etc.) She just wouldn't cooperate. The nurse spoke with my m/w at l&d and they decided to do an ultrasound. The u/s tech did all the standard checks. After a while, the u/s tech lingered on an image for a really long time. I finally asked her what she was looking for. She said she has seen everything except enough movement from her. We started poking at her again. It seemed like forever, but she finally woke up and provided the needed movement. I was starting to get nervious, but the staff was assuring me that everything was OK. By this time, the office was closing for lunch and they told me, "OK, the midwiife will see you at the induction tomorrow."

I left quite disappointed. I didn't get to see the m/w last week because she was in l&d and I wanted to talk to her today about the details of the induction. I left and went to my sister's office (she works in the same medical office building). I decided to just stay on that side of town, go get some lunch and just come back to the office after lunch to try again to speak with the midwife. I came back after lunch and had the opportunity to talk with the midwife. We discussed several alternative options we can try in the morning (based upon how far I've progressed and how far engaged the baby is). I felt much better after finally speaking wo the midwife.

Results from the u/s indicate that she is estimated at 8lbs 13oz. Also, she is looking to the front instead of the back -- the same as she was 4 weeks ago at the ultrasound.

So, in less than 14 hours I will arrive at the hospital ready for induction. I'm hoping she has moved down from her +3 station so we can have better options at the induction in the morning.

I could use your ELVs. I probably won't update again until I'm at the hospital.

June 17th, 2009, 12:36 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Good luck! I hope she has moved down a bit by morning!
June 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope she moves by tomorrow morning.
Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you.

June 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh good luck Sacha and tons of ELVs! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...we can't wait for your next update!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 17th, 2009, 12:59 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
good luck sweety!!!!
lots of ELVs coming your way!

xx

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
June 17th, 2009, 01:03 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WhoHooo Sasha - Tomorrow's the day you get to meet your little girl!!! I will be thinking of you and looking for up-dates. tons of ELV for you, although I do hope you go on your own tonight, that way you can avoid the pitosin!
June 17th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooooo. I am soooo excited for you! You get to meet your little girl tomorrow! Tons of ELVS heading your way. I hope you go on your own tonight, but, either way know that I'm thinking of you! What options did you discuss? Please KUP!

June 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you Sacha! Good luck and I'll definitely be thinking about you tomorrow.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh!! I am so excited for you Sacha!! Lots of ELV's coming your way! I think Hayden was turned the wrong way too but once he came down, he turned. My OB was sooo not concerned about it, so I am guessing it is fairly normal for them to be turned the other way.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search