Things that God helps a mother "forget"

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Feel free to add your own, Grads!

~How horrible it really is to throw up 3 times a day, every day.
~What contractions really feel like
~What it's like to have your hips slip while you're walking
~Just how exhausted you really were that first month post-partum (I see pictures of myself from Erin's and Patrick's first months and I look sooooooooooo exhausted)

(((Every time I talk about how pregnancy "wasn't really that bad" my husband tells me "you don't remember, I do, it really was that bad.")))

June 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~How horrible it really is to throw up 3 times a day, every day.Did not throw up at all
~What contractions really feel like. Never had them because I had a c-section
~What it's like to have your hips slip while you're walking. I never noticed this, the most I noticed when walking was the big belly and saying to people "coming thru coming thru lady with a baby"
~Just how exhausted you really were that first month post-partum (I see pictures of myself from Erin's and Patrick's first months and I look sooooooooooo exhausted). I only have 1 picture of me with Alex and that was when he was born, I have no pictures with him until he's 4month old! Dh loves to have his picture taken with Alex but he hates to take pictures of other people

June 18th, 2009, 09:08 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To forget that "ring of fire" when the baby crowns.
To forget just how hard pushing really is.
To forget all the heartache of loss and replace it with amazing happiness where there once was sorrow. I still cry almost every day when I look at Matthew and know how blessed I am.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

June 18th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Forget all the pain after having the baby, all the sleepless night when your lo gives you that big first smile.

Last edited by Pitridge; June 18th, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
June 18th, 2009, 09:25 AM
How true that is! Especially if that first smile is in the morning after only getting about 2 hours of sleep!

If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn

June 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM
yeah.....I feed Alex every morning before I leave for work, and I love waking him up because he gives me the biggest smile ever, because he knows he's about to get some food

June 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its so true that you "forget" how hard childbirth is.....I still remember the pain from my stones vividly, but my labor is already kind of a blur and I feel like I could do it again next week.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Those are all totally things I forgot after I has DS(3). - except the m/s, this is my first time experiencing it.

That's why God made kiddies so cute, because it makes you forget the hard times.
June 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
yeah.....I feed Alex every morning before I leave for work, and I love waking him up because he gives me the biggest smile ever, because he knows he's about to get some food

Nah! He does it cause he loves his mommy

June 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
He loves mommy's boobs

June 18th, 2009, 10:45 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, it was the AWFUL heartburn that would literally choke me in the middle of the night. (Are any of your suprised that I had heartburn?! LOL!)

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
June 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to confirm that you had heartburn after seeing your new pics of him!

God lets us forget the feel of warm spit up as it soaks in to your clothing. (I had super spitters...but they were happy spitters, so the doc didn't worry)

And, we forget what it feels like when your cute baby is sitting on your lap and suddenly you leg is warm and wet...I hate when they wet through things.

The look of bread dough stomach after delivering... Uck!

June 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Forget all the pain after having the baby, all the sleepless night when your lo gives you that big first smile.
That also works when they're older. You forget all about the terrible twos-y tantrums she's thrown all day when she first says "I love you" before bed.

June 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
God lets us forget the feel of warm spit up as it soaks in to your clothing. (I had super spitters...but they were happy spitters, so the doc didn't worry)
I'm experiencing this as I type. I just made a post in the PR about my happy spitter!

Quote:
[/QUOTE]

No one warned me about this w/ Cori....I was horrified!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyanne View Post
No one warned me about this w/ Cori....I was horrified!
Yeah, me too, after Cora. One more thing about my body to hate. I was so surprise that I couldn't climb out of my car without pulling myself out because my abs could not do anything.

June 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
How about those days where the baby just feels like crying until you want to throw it out the window?

June 19th, 2009, 06:59 AM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Being sleep deprived to the point you can't handle it. This time I just have keep reminding myself it gets better so quickly (realitively), the first 6 weeks are the hardest, but it's so worth it.
June 19th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember feeling any of those things with the boys.
I'm starting to remember my body hates being pregnant and this is the best pregnancy by far.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

June 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
something i forgot but REMEMBERED the other night while considering if i would get pregnant again...

How when you are pregnant doing simple things like picking up toys and scrubbing the bathtub and even bending over to collect what you just swept up is SO FREAKING DIFFICULT... even SLEEPING totally sucks when you are pregnant..

BUuuuuuut then i started thinking about the first time i felt my girls move.. and the hiccups they would get a few times a day.. and about the intense excitement of labor and delivery ...
.. and heck.. labor isnt to bad the second time around!

~Em

June 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt View Post
No one told me this either I was horrified! And it lasted for quite a long time, I hate it, I hate my body more than ever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search