Holy Kidney Stones@@!!!@@!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night while bf Cecil, I felt this VERY sharp pain in my left back that seem to curl around to my front side. I yelled for Travis to take Cecil, and I ran to the bathroom. I was in so much pain that I thought I was going to puke, and I never throw-up. I very seriously thought I was going to die for a few minutes. we were all set to head to the ER when my pain started to subside, so I held off and went to see my Dr today.

They tested my urine this AM and said that there was quite a bit of blood in it and a small infection, so they sent me to get a CT scan. I guess I have a 5+++ milimeter stone that is high up (whatever that means) They have reffered me to see a urologist on Monday to get it lazered, and I am a little nervous.

They said that if I am in sever pain this weekend, that I am NOT supposed to go to the local hospital, but Drive 1 1/2 hours to Des Moines, IA and go to the emergancy room there. The Dr said they are not equipt to handle stones like I have at our local hospital !!!
WTH!!!!!

Wish me luck that I can hold out until Monday!!
June 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Holy crap, that's HUGE!

If it's high up, that means that it still has to travel all the way through your kidney to get to the bladder and out. A stone that big will do a lot of tissue damage.

Here's hoping you can hold out honey!!

June 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Oh no Sam! I hope it will stay put til Monday and you don;t have anymore pains like that. Please kup.

June 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Sam, I hope that you are ok this weekend and that you have no pain, OMG!

June 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Sam, I'm so sorry! As you know, I can sympathize. "I thought I was going to die" sounds just about right. Now imagine 3 or 4 hours of that pain and you can see why a pregnant woman who doesn't even like taking tylenol would be begging them to pump her full of morphine. My stone that they took out the week before Juliana was born was 5mm, but it was low so they were able to go get it with a scope. I still have a 3mm and 8 mm in there (up high) and I actually just called to set up my laser thing. Just a FYI, my doc did tell me that occasionally the stone won't break up well enough and there is still some pain with passing the smaller pieces.....so I am pumping and storing as much milk as I can just in case I have to be in the hospital again for pain management. Also, a bit of advice, if you start feeling ANY pain.....I would just start driving. My hospital is only 10 minutes away and that seemed like it was too far when my episodes started. If it gets really bad, maybe you can just go to your ER for drugs until the pain dies down and then go to Des Moines??? I really hope it just stays put till your procedure though. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
June 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dang...that's a big one! I bet that really hurts! I'm hoping you do well and can make it without any trouble this weekend. You'll have to let us know what happens at the urologist's office. Take it easy. I'm wishing you an uneventful weekend. KUP!!!!

June 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellyanne - I thought of you when I heard the diagnosis.....I feel for you. The worst part of my pain lasted maybe 30-45 min and that was bad enough for me. I would say that Kidney Stone pain is even worse than labor pain, but maybe that's because I wasn't expecting it, and with labor I was prepared for pain.

I thought about going to our local Hospital for pain management if I didn't make it to Monday, and the pain was bad enough, but I am afraid I will get stuck there. I did get some pain meds prescribed to me so if I have an episode, I will take the meds, and then start driving.

I hope your stones are easily broken-up, and you don't have to go through anymore pain....you have been through enough!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search