18 weeks and possible issue

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Okay, I'm worried and not sure what to do. I'm sorry if this is long, but kind of need to get it out. I had a molar pregnancy back in Aug and had a D&C at 14 weeks. It was completely devastating. We had to wait six months and I conceived right in Feb when we were cleared. I had an ultra sound around 7 weeks and was so happy to see a heartbeat. So far, things are going okay. For the last two months I've been having some problems with my digestive track. They suspect Crohn's Disease as I have two immediate family members who have it. They can't really do much testing as I'm pregnant. They are hoping to get my symptoms under control and do testing after the baby is born. So, of course I researched Crohn's and Pregnancy and there is an increased risk of miscarriage, premature labor, and still birth. So now I'm terrified. I know the chances are relatively low, but a molar pregnancy had a 1 in 2000 chance, so I'm not lucky in that category. My symptoms include stomach pain and cramps which always leaves me terrified that something is wrong with the pregnancy. I'm at my wits end hoping and praying not to have another loss. I don't know what to do...
June 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I am so sorry you are worried. I have had to stay away from looking too many things up on the internet because I always freak myself out. I'm sorry about your loss. It must have been devastating. If I were you, I'd call my OB and ask if there is anything you should be doing. They may not be worried at all. Do they know that you possibly have Crohn's? They may be able to alleviate many of your worries. It won't hurt to call. And, they may monitor you more closely, which would also probably make you feel better. I hope you feel better soon. And, I hope the discomfort you're having goes away. Thinking of you and saying a prayer. KUP!

June 19th, 2009, 11:10 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are uncomfortable...I can relate to your pain somewhat. I have IBS (Irrital Bowl Syndrom) and my Grandmother and Mother have Crohns. For some people that have IBS the pain related to that can increase during pg, and for others in can go completely away during pg. I was on the end where the pain whet away and I had no issues while pg.

Your pain could be related to IBS which really wouldn't harm your baby. Are you going to get a colonscopy done after you delliver so that they can diagnose you properly? I would def talk to your dr about that and about any concern you have with your pain relating to your pg. They might be able to sooth your mind.

Lots of Hugs....bowl pain is really hard to deal with and I hope it eases for you. I also agree with Kelty, don't google, it will only make you crazy with worry.
June 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the girls, google is a great tool but it's the worse thing when you are pg. Talk to your OB they might be able to monitor you closely to easy your mind, which I have to assume that they are already doing. Tons of HUGS

June 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I am PAL grad. When I was pg with my DS I cramped horribly the who pregnancy! My OB was wonderful and always got me and checked me out but by about 5 months he delcared the cramps were a result of the scare tissue in my belly being pulled apart and stretched. I have had 3 abdomal surguries since 2005 (c/s, gallbladder removed, and ectopic pg and tube removed)

You said you had a D&C back in August right? Could your cramping b/c scare tissue issues? I have horrible food posioning when I was pg with DS and the L&D nurses told me that anything above my belly button was gastro stuff b/c the baby had pushed all my organs up there. I was 20w at the time.

Where are you feeling the cramping?

June 24th, 2009, 05:51 AM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Thank you all for your kind responses. I am starting to feel better. The medication they tried me on last week seems to be working, so I'm so grateful for that. I def want to get a colonoscopy when I deliver so I can find out exactly what is going on. And I know I shouldn't google things, but I get so paranoid. It doesn't help that I have anxiety issues and stopped taking my medication in hopes of having a healthy pregnancy. (My doctor okay'd it and my OB says if I think I need it to let her know but overall I am better with that). I just get really worried over every thing!

The cramping is very low on the right side, under my protruding belly close to the pubic area. and occassionally the entire stomach will cramp with pains mainly in the middle near the belly button. and sometimes the area around the belly button will be tender. I'm not sure if any of that helps, but that's where the pain is... Luckily my little bean has started moving and it has been a huge relief.

Currently I see a midwife, not cause I want to but since I'm low risk that's who I see. I'm seen at a military facility, so choices can be limited. My midwife referred me to the GI at my last appointment, so hopefully when I explain what happened they will monitor me closer, especially with the various medication I am now on. I'll let you all know at my next appointment July 14. And it's an ultrasound day too... I'll be so happy to see my little bean doing well.... It seems so far away, but I keep telling myself it's right aroung the corner. Sorry for the long post!

But thanks for your replies! I'll keep you posted...
June 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know anything about Crohns hun, but im sorry you have this extra worry

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search