I really can't go on?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2006, 06:59 AM
Veteran
Well Ladies I got my BFP alright....I had my beta HCG tested and it is only 120 at 5 weeks....The doctor is being an ##### he said oh well! I mean what do I do? He said that I have to go back tomorrow (Friday to test again) but he also said it should be like 30,000 with that look on his face as to say here we go again....I don't know how much more of this I can take...This will be my 3rd miscarriage...thats if my body wakes up and realizes....or my 3rd D&C because my body just don't want to let go.....I am a total mess...I think I may go to the doctor and ask for so time off work...and really concentrate on me..Any advise would be greatfully taken...I really hate my life...all I want is a baby whay is this so HARD!

Sorry for my rant.....
March 2nd, 2006, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
the number isn't as important as the doubling time within 48 hours: here is what I found online:

The numbers in the chart below are only a guideline, and are so broad as to be almost useless. They are here to give you a small measure of reassurance, although the only true way to know if your hCG level is rising appropriately is to take two tests about three days apart. The reason for the large range in the chart is to assume you may be as much as 7 days off on your ovulation, and to allow for larger numbers for pregnancies with more than one baby. In my own experience and with those women who have shared their numbers on the bulletin board, if you are rock-sure of your ovulation date, your number tends to be about 2/3 of the highest number for your week.

Week since last menstrual period began Amount of hCG
in mIU/ml

3 weeks= 5 - 50 (less than 5 means you are not pregnant)

4 weeks= 5 - 426

5weeks= 19 - 7,340

6weeks= 1,080 - 56,500

7-8weeks= 7,650 - 229,000

9-12* weeks= 25,700 - 288,000

*You will likely see the hCG rates go DOWN after the first trimester, when it is no longer a factor in pregnancy or miscarriage because the placenta has taken over. At 9 weeks, however, your baby will be monitored by ultrasound rather than hCG levels.

so at 5 weeks you are still within range. .... besides it how they rise that is the REAL indicator... at six weeks I was on 1531..... I hate to say it but your dr sounds like the doesn't know what the heck he is talking about... pls hang on and hopefully fridays' numbers will do what they are supposed too!!!

[/color]
DD - 19 months
March 2nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
hopin4a4rth
Yep! What Bubble said. My midwife said that she wouldn't even do an HCG test w/out doing 2 w/in 48 hrs because you can't really tell much w/ just the one test.

I'll be thinking of you & Hoping that those levels are doubling!!
March 2nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto for what the other ladies said. Don't give up on your little person just yet. Wishing you all the good luck in the world.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search