Setting a mini goal-- taking your advise! **UPDATED**

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 07:30 AM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, after introducing myself I am going to take all the wonderful advise of the ladies that replied to me: to keep from "freakin' out" I have set myself a goal of getting to July 16. I will be 7 weeks and that is the point where I lost my first pregnancy. My next goal will be August 1. I will be 9 weeks and that is the point that I lost my third pregnancy. Then of corse August 18th will be the next goal as I will be into the second trimester. As much as I know everyone loves summer, I just hope it goes by fast!!

Thanks for the support. July 16th doesn't seem that far away. 4th of July is just around the corner!

Last edited by megal40; June 24th, 2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling oops!
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those are great mini goals! Don't focus too much on what day it is, it will seem like the summer is the longest season, instead just focus on being pg and being happy and enjoying every minute of it. Remember to stay positive.

June 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Setting mini goals are great. I have done it the whole pregnancy. I keep saying "I will feel better when I reach ______ milestone" and then once I reach it I say "ok now I will feel even better when I get to ______ " It is never ending but looking at a shorter length of time is much easier than looking towards your EDD! Just take one day, week at a time and it will get easier after each one passes.
June 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
JMAC
That's such a great plan. I think you've inspired me to do the same...I'm hoping to just get to July 31 where I'll be 9 weeks! Here's to a H&H 9 months!
June 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
GREat mini-goals. Trust me. It will make the time seem much more manageable. I know what you mean about wanting summer to go fast. I don't want to wish away summer vacation with the boys. I hate when they go back to school. I love having them home. But...summer seems like it could be sooo long (and HOT). I think I'm gonna go with the "time flies when you're having fun" theory and just stay as busy with the boys as possible so that summer passes quickly but with no regrets of not doing enough. Make sense?

I hope you're feeling okay and things are going well! Come on July 16th !!!!

June 23rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep, that's totally how I have to do it! And just 2 or 3 weeks seems to be a manageable amount of time. You can handle 3 weeks. It's not that big a deal. (Especially when 9 months seems SO LONG)

June 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
Those goals sound perfect!!!

June 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, just when I set my mini goal: I started spotting yesterday. Very light. Just brown--no red. But it is still going on today. I just want it to be implantation spotting. PLEEEEEEEEASE let that be it. I haven't even told DH. I don't want him to worry for no reason. Why does this have to be so stressful. What happened to happy & health 9 months. Sorry to vent. Thanks for the support!

June 24th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I'm sorry the worries continue. It is very likely that it is just implantation bleeding. So many women have experienced it and gone on to have that happy and healthy 9 months that you're hoping for. I'll say a little prayer for you. Take care and keep us posted. Your mini goal stays the same and you're one day closer

June 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also sorry that the worries continue I had brown spotting for a couple of days, it was implantation bleeding. Have you called your doctor? Keep us posted.

June 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS don't panic...i had spotting for 2 days right at the same mark you are (4 weeks exactly)...is this the date AF would normally start for you? My OB chalked mine up to implantation bleed (and at first it was bright red, not brown) but said often there's slight breakthrough bleeding - not really sure why - right around the time AF would otherwise be due...KUP on how you're doing!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you! I hope the spotting is only implantation.
Your mini-goals sound perfect. I know I did it week to week b/c that is really all I could do at first. It was really hard.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

June 26th, 2009, 11:48 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs...How are you doing now....I hope the spotting has gone away! Your timing does sound like implantation bleeding though.

Your mini-goals are fantastic!
June 27th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had brown spotting and went on to have a full term healthy baby last year. Of course I thought the worst after a m/c, and called my doc in the middle of the night crying. Brown means old blood...which is always a good thing. Red is new blood....but I have heard of women having both and had both outcomes as well....

Please update soon and let us know how you are doing....did it stop? HUGS!!! Scary times, I know....
June 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
princesskate's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your mini goals are great hun! I set myself lots of little goals, I find it easier to cope with the stresses and stuff that way.

Im sorry you have had some spotting. How is it now? I have had several episodes of spotting/bleeding this pregnancy. The first time was at just over 4 weeks, and the doctor told me that it was just an implantation bleed. I hope everything is ok hun, I know spotting is very scary!

My first weight loss goal is to lose 21lbs, which is 10% of my body weight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search