Kelty

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
How is the family holding up since Jennifer passed? You are all in my t&p. Please know that we are here for you.

A while back I saw this and I just remembered it today. I wanted to share it with you. I hope it doesn't make you sadder

The Rainbow Bridge story
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

.... Author unknown

June 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, Thank you so much for thinking of us That is so kind. And, I love the rainbow bridge! We're doing OK. For Father's Day, Robbie made a picture of Jennifer for DH. It was adorable. It brought tears to all of our eyes. And, I found pictures of her as a kitten and had them cropped and framed for his desk. The house seems a little empty without her, but, we're busy and the boys have been wonderful.

I really appreciate your kind words, Michelle. Thanks again

June 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm glad the boys are doing ok Kelty...very sweet of you to do the pictures for Robbie, it's nice to remember Jennifer in happy kitten moments...

Michelle - i had seen the Rainbow Bridge story years ago but forgotten it...thanks for sharing that again (it does bring tears to my eyes).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 23rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never heard of that story, thanks for sharing, I'm now crying.....
Kelty I'm glad to know that the kids are doing ok, how are you holding up?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search