Amneotic Fluid leak? Pushing urges after urination?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2006, 04:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay I feel extra retarded having to ask, but can it come out with urine? Or like after you pee?

I ask because sometimes I go to the bathroom and after I pee I feel like pushing??? Strange I know and when I pee liquid does come out but it does not feel like I am urinating..I don't know it is really hard to explain and I am sorry if I am confusing anyone....

Or sometimes I will have to go to the bathroom and have the push urge its really quick almost like a reaction, the only time I feel it is when I go to the bathroom, not like randomly walking or sitting or anything.

I started wondering if it was a sign or something since it is quite frequent, I urinate and then have that little pushing urge and out comes more liquid. I can't tell if its clear or not because the water is already yellow from my urine??? I know TMI and gross but it is just weird.

BUT no mucus plug, not too much discharge at all really...don't you have to lose the mucus plug before fluid could leak out??

I would research this but I don't know how to describe it other than "pushing" feeling after urination.

I hate vaginal exams if I can avoid them, but I think I will ask just because I want to make sure my cervix is closed...but can you leak and still have a closed cervix...I don't think its a sexual thing or UTI, no burning or anything at all, but the urine is really warm sometimes, not hot just noticibly warm... and its not a horny thing, I don't get off from it so I don't really know?? okay TMI again, any info or advice would be appreciated??

March 3rd, 2006, 05:38 AM
hopin4a4rth
hmm, I've never had that happen before. Can you call in just for peace of mind?
March 3rd, 2006, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
hmm, I've never had that happen before. Can you call in just for peace of mind?[/b]

Yea I definately will I see him in a couple of hours (ugh I really hate vag exams, haha)

I feel a little better another JM member said it was probably ok since it only happens when I pee

16 or 17 more weeks and I am home free

March 3rd, 2006, 06:26 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude I dont think this is a good thing. I would definitely get checked. If there is a leak in the fluid an infection can set in QUICK. That's what happened to me. If you still have a lot of amniotic fluid, and there is a leak, they will put you on bedrest to see if the leak heals. I would seriously go to the doctor today. Good luck

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 3rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Dude I dont think this is a good thing. I would definitely get checked. If there is a leak in the fluid an infection can set in QUICK. That's what happened to me. If you still have a lot of amniotic fluid, and there is a leak, they will put you on bedrest to see if the leak heals. I would seriously go to the doctor today. Good luck[/b]

Oh yea I am definately taking it seriously, I go to doc in just a bit. It is just the weirdest thing, I hate to even tell doc...haha I have such an adoration for my OB- he is a older guy, not like a sexual elektra complex, I just really really like him, haha like I want to call him dad or something, haha (weird and mildly psychotic, I know) he just has one of those warm souls...Good ole Doc...

anyway I hope it is just my muscles tripping out or something. I have been having the week form HELL and bad baby news would take the m-fing cake BIG time

1. I may be a victim of identity theft and may have to sue a state department for negligence with my information

2. I ordered DD a bed in a bag and fed ex says it was delivered and 'left on my door step' only NO FREAKIN PACKAGE! So I have to do a claim or some crap

3. My insurance company thought it was funny to have a system malfunction and my status show as 'inactive' so I had to cancel my appointment yesterday after sititng for almost 2 hours, and having to take off work all yesterday and 1/2 of today (I am not wealthy, I need my darn leave not to run out in MARCH darn it!!!

4. The lady who had a position over me at work spazed out and left on mental/physical disability indefinately so that means more work for yours truly...

SOOOOOO bad news is so not what I need!
Thanks for all the advice gals

March 3rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
soontobemommyto3
ok, having just gone through leaking of amniotic fluid from my amnio I'll tell you what I know.

Amniotic fluid doesn't just come out when you pee. It is a more constant feeling of dripping or it will sort of pool up and then gush. Also it has no real smell and is clear.

If you aren't leaking any in your underware you are probably not leaking fluit. You will know when it is in your underwear because it isn't damp like a cervical mucus but wet, really wet, like water.

I went to my dr on Wednesday because I was leaking fluid tuesday night and he did a test that sees if you are, actually he did two. painless and quick and I wasn't leaking fluid anymore.

Don't know about the urge to push, that might be the baby's poistion, she might low and pushing on your pubic bone or something.

I'd definately get it checked out. If you do have a leak unfortuantely there isn't anything they can do but tell you to rest and if you get a fever give you antibiotics. leaks can reseal.

Good luck!
March 3rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a small tear in my water bag with Ethan and was put on bedrest at 29 weeks. It was a small leak, but it was definately a concern because it did make me dialate and I was being checked 2 x's a week for infection etc. It finally made me dialte to a 4 by 35 weeks when they finally broke my water altogether and said it was time to have the baby.
I never noticed fluid leaking when I pee'd, but I do know that the pushing urge has a lot to do with your baby's position. If she is even slightly up against your bladder, you will pee and not empty it out all the way, so the urge to push more is a natural reaction that is making sure you get all the fluid out.
It might be nothing to worry about, but I am curious to see what your doc says. Keep us posted!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
March 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks again guys, appointment was good, she is in the breech position so doc said thats probably why I am feeling the pushing sensation, I mean this baby chick must think its her own personal dance floor or something it is torutre to walk and have her cicking down on it...

I wonder when she will flip, he was surprised she was still breech, when do babies normally flip? I hope she does flip!

March 3rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're only 23 weeks so I wouldn't worry about her being breeched right now. Babies usually begin to turn around 28weeks(early end) to 32weeks. My doc told me not to even get concerned unless she hasn't gone head down by 36weeks. There are exercises that can be done to encourage baby to get into position.

Congrats on your good appointment

March 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Just popping in. I wanted to let you know that I know EXACTLY what you are describing. I had the same thing during my pregnancy. Only when I would pee would I feel the urge to push and then more pee would come out (or discharge)--sorry if tmi. I don't know why except that the baby was in like a hammock position across the bottom of my belly so I think he was just putting a lot of pressure on me and when I would empty my bladder he would drop lower and put more pressure. I'm glad you got checked out and everything is fine though. I wouldn't worry about baby being breech yet. She still has plenty of time to turn. My baby turned head down around 29 weeks--had to have an u/s then because I got kicked in the belly by one of the kids I teach . I think the baby still has room to turn up to 36 weeks or so.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

March 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awwww cute baby!

Thanks for the reassurance, it is just the weirdest sensation

March 4th, 2006, 04:43 PM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a quick exercise for the Breech position. My ds was breech until I got into the last two months. I was told to kneel hands and knees on the floor ( piggy back position) and move the whole body in a circular motion. They say sometimes that helps move the baby on its on. You might not have to do anything though, she may just decide to move on her own... after a few more disco moves!
March 5th, 2006, 08:28 AM
hopin4a4rth
23 weeks is ok to still have a breech. Baby has time & room to move still.

A friend of mine had a breech up until 37 weeks and she turned herself just before labor started.

Glad that everything is okay!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search