Been MIA....On bedrest..Savanah will be here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I went in for my routine appt on Tuesday. I am 35 weeks 4 days today. DH went with me because I was starting my weekly appts. I did my weight and had gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks, then we got to my BP. Now it's been running around 104/62 or so throughout the last trimester and on Tuesday it was 170/110. I told the nurse that couln't be right. She then checked my urine and I did have protein in it. They checked her heartrate with the doppler and it was strong but the dr came in and said that I was to be on strict bedrest. I am not to get up for anything except to pee, take a bath, or get something to eat or drink. It took me by complete surprise. I have had some swelling but nothing major and have been having headaches but just wrote it off to stress and work and such. Dr checked my bp again after he checked my cervix which isn't dialting yet and my BP was 180/112. I got a steriod shot for Savanah's lungs and he said to be back in his office first thing the next morning. He told us that they would recheck my BP and do a growth ultrasound and then get my second steriod shot. He also called the hospital and set up induction for Tuesday. The ultrasound showed that Savanah weighs about 5 pounds 8 ounces give or take. You know those things can be off. She is growing to the exact day and they got a shot of her lungs doing the practice breathing which is what they were looking for. Also her fluid is great and Dr. feels confident she will be ready by Tuesday. We will be 36 1/2 weeks by then. My BP has gone down some. He has me on meds and it has been running around 150/100 since I got home yesterday. We have dr cell phone number and he said to call if we have any problems or questions. Dh also told dr yesterday that I had been worried about the baby because I tried for 45 minutes to get her to move and she just wasn't cooperating the night before and she finally kicked me. He ended up sending one his dopplers home with us so that I can listen to her heartbeat anytime and not have to worry. He is sooo wonderful and has been such a blessing to our life. I can't believe we will be welcoming our little girl to the world in just 5 days. Sorry this is so long. it's been a roller coaster this entire week. This all caught us completely by surprise considering my entire pregnancy has been completely normal and had no complications until now. Anyway. hopefully i can catch up on all the posts since I haven't been on much the last few days. I will keep ya'll updated and I will be taking my computer to the hospital on Tuesday. I got back to the dr monday and he is going to put something on my cervix to help it start dialating so hopefully we can do a natural delivery and not a c-section. Anyway. Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

July 2nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen! WOW what I week you had! I'm glad that you girls are doing fine. I can't believe that Savanah will be here on Tuesday, I can't wait to meet her. Will the kids be there when Savanah is born? I bet they are getting excited. Keep us posted.

July 2nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girl. The kids will be here. They were actually supposed to be leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks to go visit their other parents but when all this came up, we called and talked to them and they completely understood. So they are staying until next Friday and will get to spend the first few days home with her and then they will be leaving for 2 weeks. It works out pretty good this way so that they get to be with here when she gets here but then we will have time at home to get adjusted and i can get some rest without a house full. i will definately keep everyone posted. I can't believe she will be here so soon. I'm sooo excited but soooo nervous. I was expecting another 2-3 weeks before she arrived but god has other plans. As long as she is healthy, that's all that matters.

July 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
oh blimey woman what a week. i hope you are doing as you are told and RESTING!!!!
cant wait to see pics of your little princess

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
July 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Tuesday she'll be here! How totally exciting. And, what a week you've had. Your doctor sounds absolutely fantastic. And, I'm glad they caught the pre-eclampsia so that you can move forward to a safe delivery. Get some rest. Lay down. Update us when you can. And, take care. Im thinking of you as the countdown to having your little one continues. Yay! (And, it's awesome the girls will be there for the first few days!)

July 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
megal40's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I know you are nervous but I just wanted to share with you this. DD was born early because of growth problems and weighed in at 5 lbs. 2 oz. A tiny peanut. They seem so tiny and like they can never catch up but now at 2 1/2 she is just fine. She actually was up to the 50th percentile in weight by the time she was 9 months old. Take care and keep us posted. Can't wait to see pictures. Who doesn't love a newborn!! :-)

July 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a week!!!
i cant wait to see her pictures!!!!! congrats
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

July 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen...How Exciting!!! you get to meet Savanah in just a few days!!! Take it VERY easy until then and enjoy getting all the rest you can!! I can't wait to see pics of your lo
July 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Only two days now !!! How exciting !
July 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's getting soooooo close! On Monday, you'll be saying "Tomorrow!" I hope you're doing well. Update us when you can!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search