About early pg....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I KNOW I am pg..... I saw the gestational sac. I have some gagginess, I am tired & moody & my bb's are sore & definately bigger...but very very often I don't feel pg mentally if that makes sense.

Is it my fear of loss? Is it that this time we told no one, so I don't talk about it? Is it just too early to have it sink it at all? Is this typical feelings after a loss?

There are times I feel pg - but htey don't last - then I go back to almost forgetting until it's time for another vitamin, or when I'm choosing not to drinl caffeine, etc. I feel like I am acting pg - but like it's a fraud. It's hard for me to explain it I guess. Maybe if I had an actual due date I would feel like this might all be heading somewhere.

If I get the EDD this Friday, as I am supposed to - maybe I will be able to wrap my head around it a bit. I feel like I have been waiting forever to get that dd & it's only been 2weeks.

Another question & PLEASE be honest...
Today I seem to have A LOT of cm. I remember having thsi before with my pg's - but both ended in mc - so I'm not sure if it's ok or not. Is it my mucus plug forming? Is it a bad sign? I don't knwo what to think of it, but ti's enough at times that I feel it come out...I don't need a panty liner or anything. It's completely clear, but it makes me weary. Any info would be really appreciated.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

March 4th, 2006, 02:44 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I understand about the mental thing. It was just until I actually saw my bean at 9 weeks on u/s that I felt like things were real. Sometimes I still think, is there something really in there? Maybe when it starts moving, it will feel more real to me.

Cervical mucous. Yes, i have tons. Clear or sometimes white. It's gotten so bad I have to wear pantyliners. It's perfectly normal. I see many other ladies mention this symptom as well.
March 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand completely. I am 9 wks now, and still I think "if" God willing I make it to Oct. Or when talking about bathing suits for summer, I am afraid to let my mind think of being pg THAT far ahead. See, 2 of my m/c happened between 12 wks and 16 wks. All I can do now, is keep praying!

As for the cm, more is expected in pg women. At least that is what they say. I know all my friends who have had babies said they had a lot more cm when they were pg, myself included.

March 5th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still a little afraid of "thinking pregnant". I am also afraid of jinxing this pg, I know it is silly , but pg after miscarrage is just different. As for the discharge I have it and it is normal part of pg, and I even wear pantyliners on a reg basis now. LOL Have a great day. Blessings B
March 5th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dude, I am having a TON of secretions, and it is bothersome to me as well . Every time I feel some dampness in my drawers, I run to the bathroom or shove my hand down my pants to make sure it's not blood. I've heard from lots of ladies here who say they have tons of it too, and didn't with their previous pregnancies. So I wouldn't worry too awful much about that.

As far as not "feeling" pregnant... what you should know is that these hormones are fluxing, meaning symptoms associated with it will come and go. Likewise, when the placenta forms and takes over, your symptoms will alleviate - this happens in that glorious 2nd trimester when most people feel like GODS.

As far as the gagginess, I know what you mean. I almost barfed while I was brishing my teeth! I remember never actually PUKING last time, but my gag reflex was on the tip of my tongue.

I know its hard, but hang in there. I too have to wait for an u/s, but really i'm glad. I would hate to waste a trip if the docs couldn't ee anything (too early) - I know that is what you went thru so I can imagine the suspense!

Maybe we will be due date buddies? Wouldn't that be cool?

The one thing I try to do is not think too far ahead. It's hard b/c we want to be happy and excited, like the women who hhave 'normal' pregnancies always are. BUt we aren't like them, so to expect us to act like them is unrealistic. Try to take it one day at a time. Try to relax and not think so much about it. Sometimes I have to pretend I'm not pregnant to keep me from obsessing about the 'what if's' . I think its a perfectly acceptable defense mechanism.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 5th, 2006, 08:09 AM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
I know what your feeling. Dh and I haven't told either. I haven't even put a ticker on for fear I might jinx myself. Strange how are minds play tricks. I also run for the bathroom and wonder if I will see blood, sometimes almost expecting it. I am mostly happy, but somedays feel sad. I am praying for the best. What ever that my be. I am so glad that there are other women that feel some of the same things. Helps me not to feel so paranoid. lol
March 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had lots of cm, not like a ton but definately alot in the beginning. My symptoms in the beginning were very mild though...it wasn't until the second trimester that things got bad as far as m/s and symptoms

OOh and like for a early few weeks I used to have these CRAZY night & morning sweats, I'd wake up and literally be sweating like a freakin pig, It was the scariest mess, I thought I was going through some kind of trauma but doc said I was ok and it was par for the course...

March 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so thankful that these thoughts are normal....

I think it's the first time in my life I have really "felt" normal in a group of people - lol.

Of course I am always checking for blood - or getting a twinge & expecting cramping to start - but for hte most part I try to ignore it. It's been ok - not super awesome - as I wish it were but definately not awful either. Some moments are better than others - as we all know & overall I am getting by ok. As Boxerlove said - it will get a bit easier after Friday - assuming all goes well. If a mc is going to occur due to our chromosomal abnormalities, it should be most likely in early 1st trimester - so seeing a heartbeat even will be a good sign.

I know it may sound silly, but each Sunday I pass feels good. Both mc's I had started on Sunday - so somehow, that day has come to feel a bit ominous to me. So - when Sunday passes - I can tell myself somehow that I feel "safer" for a week. I know logically I'm not, but it feels that way to me all the same.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

March 5th, 2006, 07:56 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh beck, I will be praying for a heartbeat for you!

I am happy to not see blood, but I didn't have a natural m/c last time, so not seeing the blood really doesnt comfort me as much. I keep thinking, is my baby still alive or dead inside me like before? As much as I try not to, I love this little one so much. I want us all to have our babies in our arms safe and sound.
March 5th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
Another question & PLEASE be honest...
Today I seem to have A LOT of cm. I remember having thsi before with my pg's - but both ended in mc - so I'm not sure if it's ok or not. Is it my mucus plug forming? Is it a bad sign? I don't knwo what to think of it, but ti's enough at times that I feel it come out...I don't need a panty liner or anything. It's completely clear, but it makes me weary. Any info would be really appreciated.[/b]
Yes, very normal and get's worse. Wait til' you get to your ninth month! When I first got pg I noticed a lot of discharge. I understand your worrying, I worried a lot too and I still do I think I will til my kids are about 21. Take care {{{{{{{Healthy and happy pregnancy}}}}}}}} vibes. Congratulations.

March 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand about not feeling pg it's only been recently that I've began feeling like I am. I've seen her 2x but it just hasn't felt like it was me who is pg. My first pg I felt it from the begining. I supose I just didn't want to go through the hurt again.

March 6th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, this discharge thing is really starting to piss me off! I have to wear a liner now. It's still watery, doesn't smell, etc.... I can't tell you how valuable this thread has been in reassuring me that this is NORMAL!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
March 6th, 2006, 07:31 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
What you are feeling is so normal. I have had three loses, two miscarriages and one still birth. You are protecting your self. It is hard to get excited when you are afraid that something is going to go wrong. You will get excited though when you are ready.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search